mehandiratta

post-117243-0-01062600-1575422940_thumb.jpg

Look, all custom Kaweco Al-sport Red: -Stone washed, wire brushed and accented by hand;

-Retro brass clip is hand carved, " bent and bolted in place.

- -Getting these tiny bolts cut and to fit was a mayor pain as they have less than 1.5mm threading left.

-Had had a custom brushed nib, too, but the nib unit that came with the pen did not work right at all.

So instead it's a hacked in Chinese knock-off unit which works excellently.

Orange ink is also my own custom blend to go with the theme (has Noodler's Dragon's Napalm in it.)

Could post step-by-step photos of the process if anyone's interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mehandiratta

• OMASsimo

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike.Jane - thanks for posting. Truly an individualized pen!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

attachicon.gif IMG_20191203_165527.jpg

Look, all custom Kaweco Al-sport Red: -Stone washed, wire brushed and accented by hand;

- -Getting these tiny bolts cut and to fit was a mayor pain as they have less than 1.5mm threading left.

-Had had a custom brushed nib, too, but the nib unit that came with the pen did not work right at all.

Orange ink is also my own custom blend to go with the theme (has Noodler's Dragon's Napalm in it.)

I’d like to see the step-by-step photos.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

attachicon.gif IMG_20191203_165527.jpg

Yes, please, post the step-by-step photos, I would very much like to know how you did it.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

Hi Kaweco owners. I might be buying a red Kaweco. My choices are the Red Sport or the Red Ice Sport. I have several Sport versions, and the Green Ice Sport.

Which would you get?

Posted Image

I opted to buy a Kaweco Ice Sport in red with 1.1mm italic nib to commemorate the Kansas City Chiefs going to the Super Bowl. It will look nice alongside the green Ice Sport at Christmas time. I bought a Lamy Al-Star in ocean blue for the Kansas City Royals time at the World Series in 2014 and 2015.

I admit i got the Kaweco because the red Safari was out of stock or could not be bought with 1.1mm italic nib. But I’m kind of glad to get a Kaweco instead. It will be my first Kaweco italic nib.

Posted Image

Enjoy it. The Kaweco stubs I have are really nice. Stubs, not italic, though. I still have to try a 1.1mm Lamy italic yet, so I cannot compare.

Edited by txomsy

Thank you. Ive been wanting a Kaweco italic (Vanness had it listed as italic) for awhile. I have 7 Kaweco Sport fountain pens. Most have B nibs, a couple have BB nibs. I had thought about buying a Kaweco italic nib unit, but never have. If I like the nib on the red Ice Sport, I might get one for the black guilloche Kaweco.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the red Ice Sport. So glad I finally got an italic nib.

fpn_1579904165__8c9f0c0a-1cc1-4749-96ed-

Very nice! The ink looks lovely, too, and it a great color match.

Are you using one of the Kaweco screw converters?

Kaweco Brass Sport (EF) + Diamine 1864 Blue Black, Kaweco Midnight Blue

137557129_229p4wfruai41.jpg

My first Kaweco! :wub: I already love this little beauty. I like the way it smells. I like the way it's kind of cold in my hand when I pick it up. I like the weight (lighter than I expected, from all the reviews).

And I like writing with it. The EF is very fine, and it worked perfectly right out of the box. I have done an uncapped test, letting it sit for an hour. Only hard started for about a letter and a half and then was off and running again.

Currently, I am using the included Kaweco Royal Blue cartridge. A solid workhorse blue similar to Lamy Blue or Pelikan Royal Blue. It looks great and doesn't bleed on cheap paper -- and has absolutely zero water resistance :P .
Looks like I am sold. The Steel Sport and the Raw AL Sport are calling my name. . .

So, here are a few Kaweco pens: a black stonewashed AL sport, a copper Lilliput, a brass sport and a blue stonewashed AL sport.

They are all well over one year old (and close to two), and despite the bad quality of the picture, you may be able to appreciate a bit the patina that the copper and brass pens have developed.

fpn_1582391159__kawecos.jpg

I must say, the brass is great, but the Lilliput... oh my. That's got me in love.

Very nice! The ink looks lovely, too, and it a great color match.

Are you using one of the Kaweco screw converters?

The converter in this pen is a squeeze converter. Not my favorite, but syringe filling helps make it better. I did get the mini screw converter in my most recent order for inks.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Nice late 60s pen but wouldn't that be a V21? How do you like the nib performance?

yes, you're right V21... from the 60s.

the nib is a peculiar OF, nice, somewhat springy. I have to think about it sometimes when I write as the oblique does need me to rotate the pen slightly.

yes, you're right V21... from the 60s.

the nib is a peculiar OF, nice, somewhat springy. I have to think about it sometimes when I write as the oblique does need me to rotate the pen slightly.

Oh, those OF nibs always make me wonder, I have a few of those. The tip is too fine to show line variation and rolling the pen is not much of a problem with fine nibs. Maybe German over-engineering. I found the nibs of the V-models considerably stiffer than the earlier ones and wasn't too impressed.