Kwzi Rotten Green

white_lotus

I had always wondered about some of the KWZ muted greens. The swabs, images, and samples online never seemed very fulfilling. Recently someone sent a sample of this particular muted green, and I loves it. It really is very nice, if you like this color range. The handling is very good as is typical for KWZ inks. This is part of the standard line of inks, so no water resistance.

Originally I started out using a vintage Sheaffer Balance Vac-fill. I'd been told when I bought it the nib was a medium. More like an extra-fine. So I soon switched pens to a modern one with a real medium nib. Much better in displaying the ink.

The papers are usual are MvL=Mohawk via Linen, Hij=Hammermill 28 lb inkjet, TR=Tomoe River.

fpn_1461117953__img_4373.jpg

fpn_1461118111__img_4374.jpg

fpn_1461117870__img_4372.jpg

fpn_1461117903__img_4375.jpg

fpn_1461117925__img_4376.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white_lotus

• amberleadavis

• Tas

• Cyber6

I really liked the colour of this when jasonchickerson reviewed it and I think I like it even more seeing it again. Especially the wash away shade.

in jasonchickerson's review the word "woolly" was mention and you've mentioned it feathers slightly. :huh:

A bottle of this might already be sitting here at home next to my favourite KWZI ink, Hunter Green had it not been for "woolly" but I may well just "go for it" now on my next KWZ order.

Thank you for another excellent review.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Yes I was a little surprised when I noticed the lines of the writing not being quite as sharp as expected, but I did have to look again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. But it is quite slight. And it could vary with the pen as well. Didn't happen on my better paper.

FYI @Tas, KWZ Rotten Green in my Gate City Belmont with wet medium nib doesn't feather on Moleskine. Not even bleedthrough. Which are common problems with many inks on that paper.

Thank you. :)

I have however just seen another completely different colour for Rotten Green - Cyber6's swatch. Eeew. Not for me (no offence Cyber6 :P )

Prior to ordering I will check with Konrad that the ink will look like yours and jasonchickerson's .

btw, I've only tried this from a sample sent by an FPNer. The vial is clearly labeled "Rotten Green" but it looks more like the "Hunter/Rifle Green" in the other thread. Doesn't look like what Vanness lists, or Cyber6's color card.

Thank you. :)

I have however just seen another completely different colour for Rotten Green - Cyber6's swatch. Eeew. Not for me (no offence Cyber6 :P )

Prior to ordering I will check with Konrad that the ink will look like yours and jasonchickerson's .

btw, I've only tried this from a sample sent by an FPNer. The vial is clearly labeled "Rotten Green" but it looks more like the "Hunter/Rifle Green" in the other thread. Doesn't look like what Vanness lists, or Cyber6's color card.

Don't know what to say... the sample that Jasonchicken reviewed was one of mine.

If I remember, Rotten Green is not easy to scan... it gives a blue cast. I used to argue with DCroe about it.

White Lotus.. I know I sent you samples of different KWZ greens. Did I sent you this sample?

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Yes indeed you did send this one, so I'm pretty sure it's not mislabeled. I took a photo with the iPhone 4 so maybe I got "more accurate" color. It's looking pretty true to my eyes.

Yes indeed you did send this one, so I'm pretty sure it's not mislabeled. I took a photo with the iPhone 4 so maybe I got "more accurate" color. It's looking pretty true to my eyes.

Great!!! :D ... so Tas, you can be safe to assume the green you like is the correct color. Both reviews were done with my bottle of Rotten Green... I just suck at getting a good scan of it.. (as DCroe told me... :P)

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hm... I like the color and I like the fun name. This is going to end up on my "to buy" list.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Great!!! :D ... so Tas, you can be safe to assume the green you like is the correct color. Both reviews were done with my bottle of Rotten Green... I just suck at getting a good scan of it.. (as DCroe told me... :P)

C.

If you say it's okay Cyber6, then it's okay.

On the list now. :)

White_Lotus, now that it has been a while, has the ink ghosted through the paper? My favorite KWZI ink ghosted but the newer inks are supposed to have resolved the issue.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't know what this means, the ghosting through the paper. Can you explain the problem more?

I don't know what this means, the ghosting through the paper. Can you explain the problem more?

Not bleedthrough... just that you can see it on the other side. For example, Tomoe River is so thin that most inks do show ghosting (but never bleedthrough)..

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Is that time-dependent? I thought if you're going to see ghosting you will see it from the start? How would it take time before the ghosting shows up?

BTW thanks for reminding me. I have a whole bottle of this. I filled a pen once and quickly went through the ink, it was a mostly positive experience but somehow at the end of the run the pen started clogging a little, and I didn't refill... but I did like the color, a lot, and now that I'm reminded I have this I will again put it in a pen and play with it... maybe one of the eyedroppers, which prime easier than the converter-filled, I find.

Edited by mhguda

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Ghosting (as I mean it) is actually not the same as show through or bleed through. TR paper does have some inks which show through. Ghosting is when components of the ink leach through the paper over time.

I'll post this up as TOD / Show Through Bleed Through and Ghosting.

This is Show Through

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/slides/2015-Ink_0101.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/slides/2015-Ink_0101b.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Bleed Through

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/album/Journal/GatzBCN/20151107_143254.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_887wb.jpg

Here is one that is ghosting, though it may be hard to see. I'll try and take another picture.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016-Ink/Journals/LUMA/slides/20151219_020506.jpg

Does ghosting happen regardless of how heavily the ink is applied, or only where it's swabbed? I noticed when I got some KWZ IG Mandain and got a drop of ink on a test sheet while filling a pen, after the drop dried the other side had that kind of thing showing, where it was almost like a grease spot soaking through. But it hasn't happened (yet?) with any written samples.