The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How To Find A Crv?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 14:50

I'm sure this has been covered, but I couldn't find it....  (even with a search and after reviewing the pinned posts)

How does one go about finding a CRV?  Or starting one?  It looks like a fun way to put pen to paper.

Thanks!

Ink samples to trade:   Blackstone Blue, Chesterfield  Antique Crimson, Chesterfield  Antique Jade, Chesterfield  Antique Orchid, Chesterfield  Antique Raspberry, Chesterfield  Antique Raven, Chesterfield  Antique Walnut, Chesterfield  Antique Yankee, Chesterfield  Night Sapphire, Cross Blue, Diamine Ancient Copper, Diamine Bilberry, Diamine Blue Black, Diamine Damson, Diamine Indigo, Diamine Oxblood, Diamine Purple Pazzazz, Edelstein Amber, J. Herbin Emerald de Chivor, J. Herbin Lie de The, J. Herbin Rouge Hematite, J. Herbin Storm Grey, Levenger Always Greener, Levenger Amethyst, Levenger Blue Bahama, Levenger Cardinal Red, Levenger Cobalt Blue, Levenger Cocoa, Levenger Fireball, Levenger Gemstone Green, Levenger Pinkly, Levenger Raven Black, Levenger Skies of Blue, Levenger Smokey, Montblanc Black  , Montblanc Montblanc for BMW, Noodler's Bay State Blue, Parker Quink, Pilot Blue, Sailor  Souten, Sailor  Waka-Uguisu

Looking for: surprise me!

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:09

Shannon, 

This is my second time writing this post because I foolishly clicked away and lost my first post.  Sigh.  Anyway, I have handwritten you a response that I will post in a few minutes.  First let me apologize for not seeing this question sooner.  I was out of town and off line.  Since I can't stand the thought of losing more of my typed words, look for multiple posts in the next few minutes to answer your multiple questions. 

Amber

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:14

ARGHHHHHH - Post 2 - second time posting it.

HOW TO FIND A CRV.

Option 1

Use the advanced google search for FPN.  

In the upper right corner of this page next to the google search bar is a little icon for advanced search features.  Look for a particular ink in this forum to see if it has been part of a CRV.  

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#4 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:18

Now, the advanced search may not always give you a complete picture, because not all of the CRVs have a complete list of inks.

For example in the Parker Penman CRV, more than 100 blue inks were compared, but a specific ink may not show up on the google search because it is not in the title, or the tag.  Even more frustrating for the average searcher is trying to find an ink in the Ink a Day thread.  Since I'm trying to use at least 366 inks this year, and the thread is on going, I don't have a list of what inks will eventually end up in the thread. So, a particular ink may be CRVed, but it is not in the google search.

So, this brings us to the Index.  The index will have to be created by hand and posted by a moderator. We have had two volunteers get too busy with their real lives to do the index so we fall further behind. Thankfully, a new moderator has taken over the indexing of the Ink Reviews forum so you should see improvements in that index.  

The indexes, in theory, should be automated, but so far, the software has not performed adequately. We will be updating software this year again so maybe we will see an improvement.

#5 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:21

Option 1

Use the advanced google search for FPN.  

In the upper right corner of this page next to the google search bar is a little icon for advanced search features.  Look for a particular ink in this forum to see if it has been part of a CRV.  

Completely off topic, but I've been struggling with the default FPN search results box since I joined. I never realised there was an advanced search which presents the results in a much more usable format.

Thanks Amberlea.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#6 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:49

I'm glad to have helped!  It took me almost an hour to write those posts because if you click on something you get dragged from the page and lose what you have typed. This never happens when I use my pens!

#7 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:50

2016-04-18_09.jpg

#8 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:51

2016-04-18_10.jpg

#9 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

2016-04-18_11.jpg

#10 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

2016-04-18_12.jpg

#11 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

2016-04-18_13.jpg

#12 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

2016-04-18_14.jpg

#13 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:52

2016-04-18_15.jpg

#14 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 15:22

Two things -- THERE'S AN ADVANCE SEARCH?!

HUGE thanks for the info!  Can't wait to get this going!!!

Ink samples to trade:   Blackstone Blue, Chesterfield  Antique Crimson, Chesterfield  Antique Jade, Chesterfield  Antique Orchid, Chesterfield  Antique Raspberry, Chesterfield  Antique Raven, Chesterfield  Antique Walnut, Chesterfield  Antique Yankee, Chesterfield  Night Sapphire, Cross Blue, Diamine Ancient Copper, Diamine Bilberry, Diamine Blue Black, Diamine Damson, Diamine Indigo, Diamine Oxblood, Diamine Purple Pazzazz, Edelstein Amber, J. Herbin Emerald de Chivor, J. Herbin Lie de The, J. Herbin Rouge Hematite, J. Herbin Storm Grey, Levenger Always Greener, Levenger Amethyst, Levenger Blue Bahama, Levenger Cardinal Red, Levenger Cobalt Blue, Levenger Cocoa, Levenger Fireball, Levenger Gemstone Green, Levenger Pinkly, Levenger Raven Black, Levenger Skies of Blue, Levenger Smokey, Montblanc Black  , Montblanc Montblanc for BMW, Noodler's Bay State Blue, Parker Quink, Pilot Blue, Sailor  Souten, Sailor  Waka-Uguisu

#15 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 22:37

Just opened the CRV and am already thinking of inks/pens to use.  I'm going to ink up something I haven't used in a while -- what a good excuse!

Last question -- do I mail the finished CRV back to you?  Or just scan and upload?

#16 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2016 - 22:43

You can scan and upload or you can send it back to me. I love it when you scan and upload.  I also enjoy reading the letters and seeing your inks in person (or on paper).  

#17 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2016 - 21:57

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For telling us all about the advanced search! I had no idea! That is going to help sooooooooooooo much!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#18 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:56

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For telling us all about the advanced search! I had no idea! That is going to help sooooooooooooo much!

I was excited when I discovered it (by accident).

#19 Nightly

Nightly

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:52

2016-04-18_15.jpg

Are you serious about rinsing writing off Tomoe River paper and writing on it again? I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question. I can't find anything in Google.

#20 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2017 - 18:27

2015-Ink_0142b.jpg

Sponsored Content

|