The Hemingway Photo Thread

fpupulin

Enjoy your really great gift from Appelboom :) It is also a great pen!

Cyrille,

Thanks, It is actually a very nice pen, luxurious (to me) and with gorgeous details and materials, I love it... I was just being a little dramatic because the Hemi is no longer in production hahaha

Appelboom defenitely went crazy with the giveaway of that pen, I'm very happy I was the fortunate winner!

Take care,

Luis A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpupulin

• KAC

• penmanila

• Toll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will this qualify? best friends forever ;)

~ penmanila:

Precious pocket pals.

Tom K.

36774711044_597fe04197_b.jpg

Is that how the Montblanc Heritage Edition Rouge et Noir coral pens are made? Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

A great, great duo! In my opinion, two of the simplest and best Writer Editions.

A great, great duo! In my opinion, two of the simplest and best Writer Editions.

I agree, those two pens are my favorite, I'll have to settle with the 149's and Rouge et Noir for now.

Cheers.

Luis A.

Hi,

Here is my MB Hemingway, together with a 149

Nr9QPBJ.jpg

Comparing the two nibs:

XcLG8Bp.jpg

You can see that there is a 149 imprint on the MB 149 nib, but the nib of the Hemingway seems to hide such imprint (I have not disassembled it).

mOhcwFq.jpg

Bye!

• 1 month later...

i had an idle afternoon today (a blessing on its own), so i decided to play with my hemingway a bit--first, i flushed out the old ink (diamine burnt sienna) and replaced it with montblanc toffee brown. and then, on an inspiration, i took out my mylar sheets and worked on the nib to stub it slightly and thereby give it a bit more character. i'm happy ;)

(oh, this isn't the hemingway with the OBB nib, by the way--it's my first one, with an F/M nib.)

37547252295_69523e1850_b.jpg

26657819029_e2af1767b4_b.jpg

Edited by penmanila

Check out my blog and my pens

i had an idle afternoon today (a blessing on its own), so i decided to play with my hemingway a bit--first, i flushed out the old ink (diamine burnt sienna) and replaced it with montblanc toffee brown. and then, on an inspiration, i took out my mylar sheets and worked on the nib to stub it slightly and thereby give it a bit more character. i'm happy ;)

(oh, this isn't the hemingway with the OBB nib, by the way--it's my first one, with an F/M nib.)

37547252295_69523e1850_b.jpg

26657819029_e2af1767b4_b.jpg

Nice line variation. You are very brave to modify the nib in this way!

Glad to see the thread living again...

I'll take the opportunity to post a recent shot of my Hemingway, made to test my new macro lens (which I find fantastic, by the way...).

They are drawings of unlikely machines, explained through an improbable language...

fpn_1511635319__montblanc_hemingway_2017

Glad to see the thread living again...

I'll take the opportunity to post a recent shot of my Hemingway, made to test my new macro lens (which I find fantastic, by the way...).

They are drawings of unlikely machines, explained through an improbable language...

fpn_1511635319__montblanc_hemingway_2017

Beautiful photo! Which macro lens did you get? I'm thinking about getting into some serious macro photography of my collection. Is a 60 mm macro good enough, or do you need a 100 mm?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Beautiful photo! Which macro lens did you get? I'm thinking about getting into some serious macro photography of my collection. Is a 60 mm macro good enough, or do you need a 100 mm?

This was shot with a 120mm for the Hasselblad H series. I also shoot with the Zeiss CF 120mm and the Zeiss CF 135mm for the Hasselblad V series, which also are extraordinary lenses. I can not see significant differences between them, but the new HC 120mm allow me to go straight to 1:1 without any additional accessory, which is an advantage, of course. The mechanics of the new HC lenses are simply superb.

In my arsenal I had Micro Nikkors 55, 60, 85, and 105. They seemed to me very fine lenses and very similar in quality (if possible, with a slight margin for the Micro Nikkor 60mm), even though the old MicroNikkor 55mm only allowed for a 1:2 reproduction ratio when used without extension rings.

You would mostly note a difference between an excellent lens in the range of 50–60mm and a lens of comparable quality in the range of 100-105 mm when using artificial light (as in my shot). In this case, with a lens of longer focal length you will not need to go too much close to your subject, and will not interfere with the lights. With a shorter lens, you just would need to pay more attention to your own shadows...

Hope that this helps.

Reviving the thread after long time, but I inked today my Hemingway with Diamine Safari, and I was really happy to have her in my hand.

fpn_1505018424__my_hemi.jpg

Wow. This is next level artistry with your Hemingway and photos. Your sketches are fantastic.

fpupulin, I am green with envy of your medium-format camera set-up and your talents at lighting and composition. Such beautiful work!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.