Help Me Id This [Russian?] Pen

Guardy

(Well, not really ID, I kind of know what I've got here I think; it's more about "have you ever seen that thing before")

Guardy's back with another weird pen!

I'm beginning to see a pattern, here...

Today's pen is a tiny little thing I found on the flea market; part of a fountain/ballpoint pen set.
It's a c/c pen that takes standard cartridges.
No clue how it writes, yet - it's pretty caked with old ink. Seems promising enough, though.

I completely fell in love with the design; the pen is very slim, just over 5 inches long, surprisingly heavy and has a dainty, elegant little nib that looks absolutely lovely.

Brand appears to be called "Protégé Paris" (pen model is probably called "privilège"), but I'm at least 99% sure it's not French.

From my googling (and the 100% Russian results I got), I'd say it's actually a Russian pen, but quite frankly, my Russian is pretty much nonexistent. I know, like, three words and the common nickname for Dmitri, so... yeah.

And yet again, the question is: Anybody else here who has ever heard of that brand? Or speaks Russian and can read up on it?
Because I'm curious.

Also: pictures. Sorry for the bad quality, my camera doesn't like silvery things.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/2016-04-10%2023.00.15.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/2016-04-10%2022.57.35.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/2016-04-10%2022.57.00_1.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardy

• fountainpagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you see the brand to be Protégé?

In the box it is written Privilége, not Protégé Paris (and that means Protected, Paris)

On the outside of the pen case, couldn't get a good photograph of that - sorry. Lighting's awful in here.

The logo on the pen and its related stuff matches up with this image, here.

Also, the image search for "Protege Paris" returns plenty of pictures of similar fountain pens.

That was my reasoning behind that.

/EDIT: Protégé is also what's engraved on the pen cap, so there's that, too.

/EDIT2: Same thing (with the logo) on the nib, too

/EDIT3: I can't type D:

Edited by Guardy

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/Pen%20and%20Writing%20Stuff/P1120236.jpg

This pen is a tiny, pocket-sized treasure.

It's a shame it's so very thin, otherwise this would be one of my favorites by now.

Also, it's made me even more curious about this pen.

So, yeah, I'm just going to bump this topic up and hope that nobody minds - and that somebody on here can help me.