Esterbrooks And Everyday Use

Bitzel

I like the M2 squeeze fillers, because I like this kind of filler that's like the Parker 51. I also would sometimes use the Safari pump fillers, which are like the Sheaffer Touchdown fillers. The Safari pump fillers seem to have longevity like Parker 51s.

Somewhere in the threads here is a discussion of resacking the pump filler. It's years back. Someone had posted asking about it.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pajaro

• gweimer1

• gregamckinney

• Bitzel

ca

I have a green cracked ice Esterbrook that I do not use often because I don't want to leave it sitting full of ink (if it leaks it can discolor the cap/barrel) and I don't want to lose it by taking it with me every day.

Can someonepost a photo of an Esterbrook "cracked ice" barrel?? Not sure I can recognize one.

Dirty, rotten enablers of FPN :lticaptd: connected me with twenty (so far) Esterbrooks. sixteen of them have been restored, and are used for daily writing. So, the answer to your question is "Yes ! Four of them."

If you aren't going to use them, take pictures. Admire the pictures and sell the pens. (It's what I did with my

1930 Yellow Parker Duoflod Senior.)

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Yes, we multiply like minks. I usually have a couple Esterbrooks in my pocket each day, and they rotate a lot as I use them and then sell them. They really are the perfect daily carry pen. In my shirt pocket today - Esterbrook M2 Medium, Esterbrook J 2314-F, Esterbrook SJ 9450 and a Bexley Flat Top (how did that get in there?) B)

And, because most of the pens I use go up to my Etsy page, I have about a thousand photos for this year alone.

ca

Can someonepost a photo of an Esterbrook "cracked ice" barrel?? Not sure I can recognize one.

There is a lighter white/ yellow color too but I don't have a photo handy.

http://www.gergyor.com/images/esterbrook_crackedice.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I have mixed feelings about Esterbrook pens. All the pens I've had have had rubbish nibs. Of the four pens I have left all four are wearing Osmiroid nibs. The funny thing is that I have a 2048 that comes close to being a nicer nib, so I suspect a 9048 would suit, given that it has tipping where the 2048 does not. Alas, it is unlikely I will get one, as I doubt very much that I will buy anymore Esterbrooks. They are just not cost effective when buying from a distance. You guys in the US don't realise how lucky you are sometimes.

Yes...I use inexpensive J-bodies to house myyyy preciousssss Osmiroids, too.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I have a Laban nib sitting in an Esterbrook collar...which sits in a pen that I retro-fit with an Esterbrook section.

I have an Esterbrook Black LJ that I use in constant rotation that I got from gwimer1, ha.

The 9550 works beautifully on the terrible copier paper I have to deal with.

I lucked into a 9048 on my first Esterbrook. Pen and nib for about half the going rate of a new old stock nib alone. It’s currently in an LJ that’s always inked.

I use all my pens. Hesitant even to bid on mint vintage or anything rare enough to be considered collectable.

I have a pretty extensive Esterbrook collection and rotate the vast majority as every day carries. The only ones I don't use are my bandless Esties...reason being, they took me forever to find and I only have one of each color (except the red which I'm still looking for). I'd be beside myself if I ever lost one since they were so difficult to acquire. That said, I'm a firm believer in using my pens, except as noted.

Mary

I have a Laban nib sitting in an Esterbrook collar...which sits in a pen that I retro-fit with an Esterbrook section.

Interesting. What pen is it in?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.