Franklin Christoph - No News

Cryptos

Is anyone else on the waiting list for a Franklin Christoph pen? I had my name down for a Model 66 quite a while back. It is a little bit annoying as I had intended this to be my birthday prezzie (that day has now passed by more than a fortnight). Kind of spoiled it for me bit.

So, does anyone else know anything?

Note: I did write to them when they changed the dates but didn't get an answer beyond what was written on their website, which wasn't much help.

Asking here because they are about to lose a customer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• ink-syringe

• ninobrn99

• alaskazimm

Also put my name on a list. I never heard anything.

Spent my money on another Sheaffer.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Is anyone else on the waiting list for a Franklin Christoph pen? I had my name down for a Model 66 quite a while back. It is a little bit annoying as I had intended this to be my birthday prezzie (that day has now passed by more than a fortnight). Kind of spoiled it for me bit.

So, does anyone else know anything?

Note: I did write to them when they changed the dates but didn't get an answer beyond what was written on their website, which wasn't much help.

Asking here because they are about to lose a customer.

i had... i received the same....

i recieved an email with a password to login to special page from where i ordered the pen...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I just got an email two days ago for the Italian ice 66. At the LI pen show I was told by Jim (of FC) that the waiting list was long - well over a hundred people. I signed up for the Italian ice about a week after it popped up in pictures. It might give you an idea of where your name Is on the list. When you get to the top of the list, you'll get an email with password to purchase the pen. Be patient - I saw the pen at the LI pen show....it's worth the wait.

Kind of academic now. I will likely divert the money to a different custom maker. There's probably little or no quality difference (i.e. they are all good) between the various makers anyway I guess.

Kind of academic now. I will likely divert the money to a different custom maker. There's probably little or no quality difference (i.e. they are all good) between the various makers anyway I guess.

'tis true - I have an Edison Glenmont and a F-C Model 02 and they are equal in build quality. I don't have experience with Newton or Scriptorium but everything I've heard places them on the same level.

edit - just for a heads up: I put in an order for another Edison some four weeks ago and at that time Brian was running about a 10 week lead time.

Edited by alaskazimm

I went on the list right after seeing the pens from DC Pen Show. Franklin-Christoph emailed me 2 months later that my pen is ready :)

Good things take time - got cokebottlepen pen pocket 66 model and it was worth the wait!

want a cokebottle regular 66 big time.

hubba hubba

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

I emailed F-C last night and heard today that my name has finally risen to the top of the list and I will be able to pick up my Stabilis 66 in Antique Ice on Friday in Atlanta!

Lucky you. It's the 13th here and they have yet failed to notify me even though my original request was well before the website change.

Well, I've only gotten updates when I pester them with an email asking for one. Would be nice if they would routinely send out (once a month?) updates on where you stand on the waiting list. Still, I can't wait to load some ink into a newly eye-droppered coke bottle 66. :)

I sent them an email several days ago. There has been no replies whatsoever. Is this how they usually operate?

Not in my experience. They were very prompt in answering my emails.

Do you guys think that it's just because they've been too busy lately? I was going to put in an order with them soon so I hope things are still going steady.

Edited by DGH_Nomad

I think they are doing the best they can to get these pens out. They still have to retain quality. Maybe they need more help, or one of their workers is sick?

They emailed me this morning. They didn't reply to my email though, they only said my name has floated to the top. They need to work on their communication skills IMHO.

Edited: Just ordered and paid. Boy, oh boy! i was going to say that this is the most expensive pen I've ever bought, but that honour goes to my Scriptorium Balladeer (which will arrive sometime this year apparently). Went for a Masuyama medium italic nib too. Now, because of the delay - during which I diverted funds elsewhere - I may have to sell a couple of other pens to help defray the cost. :(

The pen arrived 6 hours ago, and I finally got around to opening it up.

Shipping was reasonably quick - 5 days from the US to New Zealand.

The pen came packed in a leather thing, inside a box sleeve, inside a USPS box, and finally inside a Fedex package.

Apart from the business cards for F-C and Mr Masuyama, there is no other documentation.

There were two very short cartridge things included.

I cannot comment on their customer service as there was none to speak of. I bought a pen, they sent me a pen. I had thought, seeing as it was my birthday gift, that a handwritten "Happy Birthday!" on the business card would have been a nice touch - it's what the Goulet Pen Co. would likely do. :)

I asked for a medium italic, which is what I got.

I've never used a modern eye-dropper before so I'm not really sure how much (if any) silicon grease to put on the threads. On my Mabie Todd eye-droppers no grease was needed!

Do I need to wash the pen out? I am such a noob when it comes to modern pens. :rolleyes:

You might well be a noob, but remember the only dumb question is one you do not ask.

The pen is new. It can never hurt to wash the pen inside and out, and flush the nib/feed unit well. I would not think it necessary to douse the section threads with silicon grease, but a little application is a good idea. I always do so with all my eyedropper FP's, vintage or not.

I do hope you enjoy your pen. F-C's customer service is not the pen's fault. :P I am also very interested to heard your response to the Masuyama nib. I have a couple nibs I am considering having Masuyama-ed, and I like hearing the experience of others.

Whacked some grease on, and filled her up with Iroshizuku Shin-kai. It takes a bucket load too.

The Masuyama medium italic is fine and very crisp indeed. A beautiful nib to write with. I've never had a properly adjusted nib before, and this one is simply superb. Sharp but not catchy or scratchy. Totally recommend it.

One of the reasons I've gone for F-C and Scriptorium pens is because of the availability of the Masuyama nibs. I've had zero luck getting anything decent in the vintage market, so this is a welcome change. :)

Hi Empty of Clouds - we answered your email inquiry from Saturday March 19th on Monday morning March 21st. I've just forwarded you a copy of it to your same email. If anyone has questions about their spot on the waiting list for Italian Ice or Antique Glass, please send directly to specialsales@franklin-christoph.com. For any other questions please send to clientservice@franklin-christoph.com. We've built a fine reputation over the years with customer service and strive to continue that even as we grow, and are happy to answer any questions at any time, and do so as quickly as possible.

We currently have over 500 people waiting for the antique glass and italian ice, so these are long lists. Each pen gets a special treatment after having been machined, polished and engraved, to create the effect. So they are a little slow in coming as compared to normal models. For the most part we've been hitting our estimated times on them, listed on the sign up pages in the Stock Room on the site. Our normal model is to have production pens ready and if they are listed on the site, we ship that day or the next business day available. So except for these four pens that get this antiquing, we have immediate stock available.

Empty of Clouds - here is a video on our site explaining how we recommend you grease our pens for eye dropper filling: http://www.franklin-christoph.com/how-to.html Thanks again for your business and we hope you enjoy the pen for many years to come.

Cullen Stahl

Franklin-Christoph, Ltd.

F-C on Twitter

F-C on Facebook

Franklin-Christoph.com

F o r t i t u d o....e t....F i d e s