Mystery Fp - "pony Pen"

Guardy

... I maintain that it's not exactly a duplicate of my post in the main FP forum, due to a slightly different intent (namely "look at this interesting thing I found" instead of "WTH is this") - if anybody disagrees with that assessment, I am deeply sorry.

So, the pen.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/2016-04-04%2018.50.43.jpg

A few years ago, my father gave me a very visually impressive red fountain pen, since the ink flow would randomly stop at inopportune times and he had plenty of pens that actually worked.

I spent several years fiddling with it, using it regularly, trying to get it to work.
Which I finally did, but you really don't want to know how.

It writes beautifully and I put up a thread on here to try and find out more about the pen (with half a mind to see if there's more where that came from, but I digress), because I know nothing about it.
My dad has no idea where the thing even came from, either.
Inscription on the cap says "Pony Pen"; same thing on the inside of the pretty sweet case I got it in.

That FPN thread did not yield any concrete information, but it became clear that it's most likely some Chinese brand - some key elements match pretty well.
It's enamel over solid brass, quite heavy (which I adore) and somewhat big, although not huge.
Generally quite nicely made.
Nib, of course, says iridium point Germany.

The thing is, there's not a single thing to be found about "Pony Pen"s on the internet*, as far as I can tell, which struck me as odd.
I mean, somebody's gotta know something about this pen, right? I'd really like to know what it is I have here and/or if I somehow managed to come by a brand this board genuinely hadn't heard of before and thus decided to take it to the Far East sub-forum.
If anybody knows something, it's definitely you folks.

Bonus pen writing sample:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/Guardevoir/2016-04-04%2020.45.08%20-%20small.jpg

*not counting small horses in an animal pen and an incredible amount of My Little Pony stuff.

/EDIT: The pen has the exact same nib as the one seen in [this] video - the design of the pen as such is similar but not identical, some distinguishing features are different.
Sadly, all information we have on that one is "given away by a dutch bank", which is not very helpful.

Edited by Guardy

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't edit anymore, unfortunately, so I hope nobody minds me replying to my own topic here, but the nib design also seems very similar to the one on the Hero 1026 detailed [here] - the swirly border thing is completely identical, but the flower is smaller, higher up, and doesn't have the H in the middle; also, instead of Hero the nib inscription is just a generic "iridium point germany".

Unfortunately, I have no idea how relevant this tidbit of information is.