The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Meisterstuck Solitaire 144Sp Sterling Silver Fountain Pen

montblanc solitaire silver 144 11738 meisterstuck

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 carandache

carandache

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2016 - 21:42

I recently purchased a new Montblanc 11738 fountain pen without a box or any papers. As far as I know and it looks, it is a 144SP sterling silver.

What do you think about this pen? Although it's not a piston filler and being a little small in size, it seems to fit well in my hand when posted. I also can't see any differences from a 145 classic other than lacking threads on the barrel. Any info and comments deeply appreciated :)

Sponsored Content

#2 FredRydr

FredRydr

Have Pen. Will Travel.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2016 - 21:54

In my humble opinion, that pattern is the best looking of the sterling solitaires that Montblanc made in the cigar-shaped Meisterstuck line, and I have (and had) other sterling solitaires.  I have the piston version with a BB nib, and it's a keeper.

Fred

#3 FPbliss

FPbliss

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:16

This pen was my 2nd ever MB, bought used. The weight is just right for me, has a M nib and I like using turquoise ink. I go back and forth between posting & not posting.
I really like the look of MB's in sterling silver, mostly saw this or the barley pattern, I preferred this one (later, I ran across the Pure Silver pattern and it's my favorite).
Enjoy the pen!
Quote: Do the thing you think you cannot do - Eleanor Roosevelt. Song: Our House - CSN&Y or Madness

#4 Chu0009

Chu0009

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:33

IMG_6426.JPG

my two kids says "hello and welcome to the MB family !"

hope you enjoy your pen solitaires are stunners !

#5 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:38

attachicon.gifIMG_6426.JPG

my two kids says "hello and welcome to the MB family !"

hope you enjoy your pen solitaires are stunners !

I think the one on the left is the most beautiful Montblanc ever created in all time. Brings a smile to my face every time I use

#6 Chu0009

Chu0009

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:44

I think the one on the left is the most beautiful Montblanc ever created in all time. Brings a smile to my face every time I use

IMG_1896.JPG

Thanks Pravda

it is a striking pen MB GD !

we try not to play favorites in our family otherwise OMAS gets upset ! :P

#7 carandache

carandache

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 21:53

I'd also prefer one with a piston filler but I had a very good price for this one, but I still envy you Fred :)

Mine also has a M nib, FPbliss; and I filled it with the toffe brown ink and I'm now thinking of trying the golden yellow ink. I hope to keep it for a long time

I strongly aggree with you Chu0009 as these solitaires look very classy. At first, I was (mistakenly) worried whether they looked outdated but I am deeply in love with their look now. Most probably, my next purchase will be a solitaire gd :) can you tell what size the one on the left on your picture is?

Edited by carandache, 06 April 2016 - 21:54.

#8 Chu0009

Chu0009

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2016 - 23:42

The left is MB GD, it's based on 146. The cap is longer and wider than a standard 146 but smaller than a 149.

#9 carandache

carandache

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:07

Thanks a lot. It's a reaaly gorgeous pen. I didn't know they made such an intermediate size and I couldn't deternine the pen size by the image. I know MB produces some bigger-than-146 solitaires but it's nice to know about GD. Dou you know if there are any other sizes for GD?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, solitaire, silver, 144, 11738, meisterstuck

Sponsored Content

|