Montblanc Heritage Collection, Rouge & Noir

wimg

Have there been instructions nof to post? Received the coral today indeed it is quite a small pen, but the cap seemed to securely post.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raif79

• Out0Mind

• Pravda

• wimg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one in my and in a boutique before i had seen some comparison photos.

Although they are nice, thay are way too small for me.

I think it is time to bring my Christie back into rotation once more. :0)

Edited by scratchofapen

I got the coral RB and like it so much I am afraid I'll be disappointed when the black FP I ordered arrives. Not to start a discussion about size, but I have to say, I am really overjoyed about the slimness! It's a relief, and I think Montblanc are filling a real gap in the luxury market since so many pens are on the large to extra-large side for people with small hands (Visconti, Omas, all those Pelikan M800s that come out).

My Coral made it to me the other day. Like most have already said, it is a very slim pen. I would call it an extended lady's pen. I think for the size, it has a very good weight to it.

I love how simple it is! The nib was ground to a xf/f italic. This is a small nib. While it has the same shape as the Heritage 1912, it doesn't have the springiness that the 1912 has. It is rather stiff. I will post pictures with measurements as soon as I get an opportunity.

I don't believe this pen is supposed to be posted. While it does fit on the twist mechanism for the piston, I feel that it's just coincidence and it'll stress the lip of the cap and/or give scratch marks in the long run.

Overall, I am very pleased with it. While it is very slim, I don't have a death grip when I write (Thank you Spencerian drills!!) so I don't believe that it'll be an use for long term use.

Nino

Edited by ninobrn99

I am not so sure about the difference in the writing quality between the 1912 and ReN in terms of springiness.

I find that ReN is just about the same as 1912, if not a bit more springy. Both of my pens are in medium.

On the side, two observations:

(1) love how people refer to it as 'my coral' :) I do this too

(2) usage of R&N instead of 1906 vs 1912 or 1914. I use the years.

• 3 months later...

I picked up my black model today and have my coral on order, which is being sent out for a nib swap to an XF as we speak. I'm waiting on the ebonite model to release as well to snatch one up.

They're a lovely pen in person; much more interesting than that look online. I find them to have the same sort of understated but beautiful look as the 1912, but thinner and more pocketable. They feel solid, but are quite light for their size, given that the body is lacquer and metal. I will say, I dislike that the cap is resin like the 1912, despite Montblanc's assertion that metal-on-metal if pushed too far can be hard to re-open. That said, the cap has the ivory-colored snowflake, and it's quite beautiful on the coral cap top, adding contrast to the black cap and barrel.

I love the serpent clip and wish they'd released the option with the 1912 for any pen but the Titanium model.

The nib on this pen is beautiful, in the style of the 1912. I really love the subtle snake-head etched into the nib back. It has a similar springiness and glides across the page with ease. It's really something special.

While the 1912 is the main pen in my jacket pocket EDC rotation , the standard black lacquer will probably live as my pants pocket EDC. I'm embarrassed to admit that about two hours after buying it, I dropped it and it has not a scratch.

So far, I'm loving this pen. For a modern Montblanc, the price point is reasonable ($650 for the standard black lacquer), it's subtle, and has a unique look most others don't have. It is a bit thin, so if you like a bigger pen, this may not be for you, but I strongly recommend getting to your local boutique and taking a look as photos don't do it justice.

Oh, and I should add this: no, it does not post. The 1912 wasn't designed to post, but could technically rest (poorly) on the rear of pen. The Rouge et Noir doesn't post at all. The cap gets about a centimeter (at most) down the rear of the pen before stopping completely.

Hi,

I am thinking about purchase one and swap for an extra fine nib. I wonder if you have received your EF nib yet and would kindly share some photos. I heard that the EF nib's polishing style is different from the old ones.

Thank you so much!

Sure. I'll take some photos tomorrow for you and post for the group to see.

Thank you so much! I heard from a Chinese seller that the polishing style for EF nibs of Montblanc Noir is differenct from previous pens. The first picture is an EF nib from the Montblanc Noir, the second picture is from an EF nif of Montblanc princesse grace de monaco.

fpn_1470187729__edb849c0gw1f4swmn2ynwj20

fpn_1470188092__edb849c0gw1f4swmo2yz7j20

Edited by jhsd1124013561

I realized my Rouge et Noir is a Medium and my Coral EF example hasn't come back yet, so I took some photos of the EF 1906 in EF to share. I believe the main nib material is the same as the Rouge et Noir, so it should look the same. Oh, and yes, I'm realizing the nib on my Rough et Noir is slightly misaligned.

fpn_1470200406__b0000044.jpg

fpn_1470200473__b0000053.jpg

fpn_1470200707__b0000048.jpg

fpn_1470200745__b0000050.jpg

As you implied you had an EF already, I'm including photos of the nib of a Medium as well.

fpn_1470201246__b0000043.jpg

fpn_1470201257__b0000038.jpg

fpn_1470201273__b0000037.jpg

fpn_1470201285__b0000036.jpg

Edited by Out0Mind

Could you post a writing sample in the EF, Out0mind please? I'm wondering if it is a true EF, and worth waiting for a nib exchange.

I also have two of the ReN pens and I'm not sure whether to change my medium nib of the coral into an EF. A writing sample could help me to decide. :-)

I also have two of the ReN pens and I'm not sure whether to change my medium nib of the coral into an EF. A writing sample could help me to decide. :-)

Hi , here's a quick one I just scribbled together with my black rouge et noir EF.

Miguel

post-117477-0-42221800-1470310770_thumb.jpeg

I got the coral RB and like it so much I am afraid I'll be disappointed when the black FP I ordered arrives. Not to start a discussion about size, but I have to say, I am really overjoyed about the slimness! It's a relief, and I think Montblanc are filling a real gap in the luxury market since so many pens are on the large to extra-large side for people with small hands (Visconti, Omas, all those Pelikan M800s that come out).

Totally agree! I love the size!

I realized my Rouge et Noir is a Medium and my Coral EF example hasn't come back yet, so I took some photos of the EF 1906 in EF to share. I believe the main nib material is the same as the Rouge et Noir, so it should look the same. Oh, and yes, I'm realizing the nib on my Rough et Noir is slightly misaligned.

fpn_1470200406__b0000044.jpg

fpn_1470200473__b0000053.jpg

fpn_1470200707__b0000048.jpg

fpn_1470200745__b0000050.jpg

Thank you so much!!!

My coral R et N medium was a very rough writer out of the box, so I took it to the DC pen show and had it smoothed. It is much better now.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 4 years later...
On 7/8/2021 at 8:47 PM, Bad Handwriting said:

Is it possible to remove the snake from the pen? 

It's not impossible but Montblanc pens are designed to be more difficult for user maintenance than over manufacturers.