National Card And Letter Writing Month

Misfit

Hi all. I know some of us participated in InCoWriMo. Calling all those who want to enjoy another month of writing letters. April is National Card and Letter Writing Month in the US. I see no reason to limit it to US based members.

I want to participate to help the USPS, plus it is fun to get letters. I owe some pen pals some letters, so that gives me a place to start. One new pen pal I got from InCoWriMo sent me some tea samples. Very amazing to get a Priority Mail letter from a brand new pen pal.

How about it then? Do you want to participate?

Posted Image

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sharonspens

• Misfit

• Alexandra

• Humanities

I got two letters done yesterday, and mailed 8-9 postcards on Saturday, all without knowing what month it is! I will not participate to the extent ofLetterMo/InCoWriMo's card/letter a day, but I still owe a few penpals some letters. I should be able to get them done this month. LOL

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Thank you for your reply. I'd given up on this, and haven't done my letter writing since the first.

I did some research. InCoWriMo debuted in 2013.

National Card and Letter Writing Month goes back to 2001 when it became a month after being a weeklong celebration of letter writing.

I read you write great letters Sharon. Happy writing!

Posted Image

Thank you for your reply. I'd given up on this, and haven't done my letter writing since the first.

I did some research. InCoWriMo debuted in 2013.

National Card and Letter Writing Month goes back to 2001 when it became a month after being a weeklong celebration of letter writing.

I read you write great letters Sharon. Happy writing!

And "Happy Letter Writing" to you, too! If you hurry, you can catch up with me. hehehehehe

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I'll give it a try. I owe a big thanks to a fairly new pen pal who sent her letter with tea samples by Priority Mail.

Posted Image

I'm participating, too, even though I haven't at all planned out who I'll be writing to for the last half of the month. :)

Have you checked out the #write_on hashtag over at Instagram? It's pretty cool to see what other people are mailing out this month.

I'm participating, too, even though I haven't at all planned out who I'll be writing to for the last half of the month. :)

Have you checked out the #write_on hashtag over at Instagram? It's pretty cool to see what other people are mailing out this month.

Thanks for passing this along. I don't have an Instagram page, so I just check out others' pages when I get a chance.

Trying to finish a couple of letters today; optimistic, I suppose, since eI started the first one two days ago and seem to only be able to focus for a page at a time. HAHAHAHA

Sharon in Indiana

I like the idea! Will look at the link and write some today! Perhaps its a variation on my journaling! What better way to celebrate cleaning my pens and trying some new ink samples!! Cyclamen, Kelly Green and Orange Indien!!!

Happy writing to all!

Mary Eliz.

I'm not sure how up to letter writing that I am. I LOVE writing, but the CTS in my right (writing) hand is fairly severe, which limits how much I can write at any given time. Postcard Swaps seem to work best for me.

That said, IF I wouldn't be expected to write a lot of letters over the course of the month (now half finished), and the person at the other end is patient, I could probably manage one letter every 2 days or so, giving my hand/wrist time to calm down in between writing sessions. But I think I would have to limit it to one person, at least for now, to see how I hold up to it. Heck, I don't even know how to go about getting one penpal, anyway :-).

"In the end, only kindness matters."

I'm not sure how up to letter writing that I am. I LOVE writing, but the CTS in my right (writing) hand is fairly severe, which limits how much I can write at any given time. Postcard Swaps seem to work best for me.

That said, IF I wouldn't be expected to write a lot of letters over the course of the month (now half finished), and the person at the other end is patient, I could probably manage one letter every 2 days or so, giving my hand/wrist time to calm down in between writing sessions. But I think I would have to limit it to one person, at least for now, to see how I hold up to it. Heck, I don't even know how to go about getting one penpal, anyway :-).

Getting a penpal is easy. Go to the top of this forum area, look for the thread on Snail Mail Writing List, and either post your own info to indicate you are looking for a pen pal, or skim through the ones provided and see if there is anyone in the list who interests you and send a private message.

As for the number of letters you send; that is certainly up to you. Some of my penpals may not hear from me for a month or more, unless I am in a letter writing spurt. Many of them have received postcards lately, though, as I have been traveling and tend to send cards out when I get a chance.

Sharon in Indiana

• 2 years later...

It’s 2019, and I’m going to try for another month of letter writing after completing InCoWriMo. I got caught up today.

InCoWriMo gets all the love it seems. The only pen/paper company email I received mentioning National Card and Letter Writing Month was from the Journal Shop in the UK. The USPS started NC&LWM.

For the joy of getting letters, we have to write them too.

Posted Image