Heritage Collection - Rouge Et Noir Special Edition

Sampanel

Is it possible to take out the nib from ReN?

I tired a couple of time to see if I could get it out. It wasn't that easy and I don't have the tool that locks into the feed to remove it. The fins bend quite easily so unless I absolutely need to take it apart, I'm gonna leave it alone for now. Sorry. I'm sure if I kept at it, but I'm already on a streak of breaking a brand new pen moments after I get it. I tried to get the center piece out of my Pilot 743 so I could open up the feed to keep up with the FA15 nib, but I couldn't figure out which way to push it out so I went with what I thought was the logical direction and after cutting the feed in half, I realized why it didn't work. I recently modded a Ranga pen with a Jowo 14k nib too. I wouldn't say it's destroyed, but it has some quirks now (modded for flow and flex). The 1912, I opened up the ink channel and it flows very wet, but I've bent the nib that it reshaped the curves and didn't sit on the feed correctly. I heat set the feed, but I still run into occasional flow issues where it just stops or goes dry and then starts working fine.

Long winded, I know, but wanted to explain why I wasn't willing to do it this time (normally I would).

Nino

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Sampanel

• mjchuang9

• daenghafez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took a few quick snapshots of my Heritage pens. After using the ReN Coral for a few days, I have to say that I am quite pleased with it. The weight make it comfortable in the hand and all I have to do is guide it. They are the same length, but the Coral's diameter is 10.2 vs the 1912's 12.6mm

I love the vintage look and feel of the Coral!! I filled it with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses. I'll switch it up on the next fill, but for now, that seems to be the ink of choice. I would like to have the Collodi if I can come across it.

If I get around to it, I'll set up my photo suite and snap some product type pics, but it's a lot of gear to take out and setup, then break back down. hahaha. I'm being lazy.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

Nino

I was wondering what others were filling their coral pen with. I found Irish Green to be a perfect color match, but bit too dry for a fine nib. After actually trying the Collodi, which is a perfect match to the body (so no much contrast) I settled on Vert Empire for now. Am thinking that black would suit it well no? :)

Took a few quick snapshots of my Heritage pens. After using the ReN Coral for a few days, I have to say that I am quite pleased with it. The weight make it comfortable in the hand and all I have to do is guide it. They are the same length, but the Coral's diameter is 10.2 vs the 1912's 12.6mm

I love the vintage look and feel of the Coral!! I filled it with Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses. I'll switch it up on the next fill, but for now, that seems to be the ink of choice. I would like to have the Collodi if I can come across it.

If I get around to it, I'll set up my photo suite and snap some product type pics, but it's a lot of gear to take out and setup, then break back down. hahaha. I'm being lazy.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

Nino

What nib do you have on your 1912?

A medium ground to a sharp italic.

Nino

I'm thinking about getting my 1912 custom ground as well. Who worked on your nib?

Does anyone have both a medium and fine nib and can say how the width differs? I presume Hamburg doesn't have any other nibs lurking at HQ?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

The initial grind was by the pen doctor at Dromgooles in Houston. I ended up having to regrind it so the line you see now is my regrind.

Nino

Does anyone have both a medium and fine nib and can say how the width differs? I presume Hamburg doesn't have any other nibs lurking at HQ?

Don't know measurements but that was my problem when I got mine. The fine was much finer than all my other fine Montblancs and the medium was quite wide. Went with the fine and use wet ink

It is said that it is not a true piston inside but a converter. What's your opinion about it?

They should have the full range from EF to OBB for the pen.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

They should have the full range from EF to OBB for the pen.

Or make their nibs replaceable like pelikan pens.

Or make their nibs replaceable like pelikan pens.

That I agree with.

When I said "should" I meant they do have the full range available in Hamburg (and maybe other regional centers), but only F and M get shipped to boutiques. The rest require swaps.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Anyone got an OM in their Rouge et Noir? Or a B (in the hope it might be slightly stubbish?)

And I presume the exchange nibs still have the snake head engraving?

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

It is said that it is not a true piston inside but a converter. What's your opinion about it?

The 'feel' is of the mechanism is surely different on this pen, I wouldn't be surprised and think it's even better. Converters are smoother to operate on the long run

I usually prefer the piston mechanism because of having larger ink capacity and being running out of last drop of ink smoothly. Although the ReN does not have the true piston , unlike the convertor it performs like a piston except the ink capacity. I just wonder for what reason MB chose to use the convertor mechanism and how about the 1912?

Edited by mjchuang9

The 'feel' is of the mechanism is surely different on this pen, I wouldn't be surprised and think it's even better. Converters are smoother to operate on the long run

The 'feel' is definitely different. I don't know about the ink capacity. What is your experience with this respect?

Best regards,

S.

The 'feel' is definitely different. I don't know about the ink capacity. What is your experience with this respect?

Best regards,

S.

Very good. It's not a 149 but while I use it equally as my other pens I don't find the need to fill it up more often. May I dare say that my Heritage 1912 holds less ink? I dunno

Best regards,

S.

hello, the ink capacity is 0.72 ml (I filled water into my coral red one as soon as it arrived for testing and weighed it, as water has the density of nearly 1 g/ml).

The filling mechanism does feel a bit smoother on the ReN than on my 1912. I haven't measured ink capacity, but I can't say it's been an issue. The 1912 writes very wet and I've done lots of writing with it. Can't complain one bit. I also rotate my pens quite frequently so that's another factor.

Nino

The filling mechanism does feel a bit smoother on the ReN than on my 1912. I haven't measured ink capacity, but I can't say it's been an issue. The 1912 writes very wet and I've done lots of writing with it. Can't complain one bit. I also rotate my pens quite frequently so that's another factor.

Nino

The 1912 writes wet but dries quickly. I previously used Winter Glow and now Toffee Brown, it's the same.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.