Heritage Collection - Rouge Et Noir Special Edition

Sampanel

I just came home with my Coral Version (M Nib) from the local Boutique -- really beautiful and I think I will also buy the ballpoint pen later this month. I was in the Zurich Airport last week, en route to Copenhagen, where I stopped by the Montblanc Boutique. They had two copies of the MB Collectibles book on display and let me have one. I am quite excited by that as well.

post-22656-0-94722300-1459715065_thumb.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Sampanel

• mjchuang9

• daenghafez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must buy one of these, nice pens thanks for posting pics.

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

I asked our boutique yesterday. Being such a small country Australia, they are expecting it in June at the earliest. Can't blame me for not buying from the local outfit :-)

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Pen fever has set in. I'm thinking I need the black one. Maybe the hard rubber one will come home with me.

Absolutely amazing pens! I prefered the black & red top fountain pen. It is really gorgeous, a must have piece in anyone collection.

All the best,

Both are great, but I think I like the black one better.

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

Does anyone have the measurements to the pen(s)?

Is the new pen slimmer than the 1912?

You may wish to see the below comparisons with Agatha / 1912http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Rouge-et-noir-Soecial-Edition/i-xvkKX4m/0/XL/DF0_7620a-XL.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Rouge-et-noir-Soecial-Edition/i-3fHgKx7/0/XL/DF0_7650-XL.jpg

Personally, I like the black but will also get the coral FP to pair up in the pouch with different ink.

… really nice pens :thumbup: — but too small for me. :crybaby:

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

You may wish to see the below comparisons with Agatha / 1912http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Rouge-et-noir-Soecial-Edition/i-xvkKX4m/0/XL/DF0_7620a-XL.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Rouge-et-noir-Soecial-Edition/i-3fHgKx7/0/XL/DF0_7650-XL.jpg

Do you have the weight of the pen? Does it feel lighter compared to the 1912?

Personally, I like the black but will also get the coral FP to pair up in the pouch with different ink.

I feel the same way about the black. It seems to suit the metal section better than the coral version, with an understated look with a nice contrast coming from the finial. Only thing(s) I'd wish to see on the black version would be the "eyes" on the snake clip and maybe a 2 tone nib.

The metal section on the coral is not silver in color but rather champagne colored, main reason preferred it over the black. The ring in barrel blends in with body better.

The metal section on the coral is not silver in color but rather champagne colored, main reason preferred it over the black. The ring in barrel blends in with body better.

Do you have photo of comparison?

It is a small little fellow! I imagined it be at least like the Heritage 1912 in girth, but it's more like 145 in dimensions albeit taller than the Heritage 1912.

Was going to get the black lacquer but jmccarty3 sent me a pic of his coral and that did the trick :)

Didn't like the rubber/ebonite version though. It was too faded I felt, not very eye catchy upon first impression. I liked the black but the silver ring at the end of the barrel had me hesitate.

I must admit, the regular editions do look nice but that 'faux vintage' look was what interested me the most about the 1906 LE, along with the fact that BHR feels different in the hand than resin.

Pen fever has set in. I'm thinking I need the black one. Maybe the hard rubber one will come home with me.

If you get it, could you post some pictures? I'm really on the fence about this one...

Do you have the weight of the pen? Does it feel lighter compared to the 1912?

I feel the same way about the black. It seems to suit the metal section better than the coral version, with an understated look with a nice contrast coming from the finial. Only thing(s) I'd wish to see on the black version would be the "eyes" on the snake clip and maybe a 2 tone nib.

The 1906 rubber version has got ruby eyes on the snake clip. IMHO the best version of these three.

Edited by Axis

The 1906 rubber version has got ruby eyes on the snake clip. IMHO the best version of these three.

But that's totally out of my budget. I guess I'll have to make do with either the black or the coral

Just received the invitation from Mexico City s MB Boutique,

with all the info in case it interests you.

Regards,

Eda

post-18015-0-53852000-1459802696_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-70046400-1459802716_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-04084300-1459802765_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-06968600-1459802809_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-59942900-1459802842_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-44130300-1459802865_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-62071400-1459802917_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-11192300-1459802941_thumb.jpeg

post-18015-0-64559200-1459803012_thumb.jpeg

Phew! I very nearly had a coronary then....no-one told me the symbol for the Mexican Peso is the same as the US Dollar!!

This works out at about £500 at current forex.

Is there anyone on here who can tell me the price in Rubles? I have to visit Moscow later this month and with the exchange rate it may be worth waiting.....TIA