The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Click Neo Tulip Leaking

click leak

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 melodiousb

melodiousb

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2016 - 13:18

I got my Click Neo Tulip last week, and filled it about halfway with Private Reserve Spearmint. I haven't been using it a lot--I have four other pens inked--but every time I use it it seems emptier. I cleaned a lot of ink out of the cap on Friday, and today when I opened it ink poured out of the cap. The ink cavity seems totally empty, but it looks like there's some ink behind the piston. And when I hold the pen upside down ink drips straight out. 

I guess I'm going to try to disassemble it as far as I can, and clean it out, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it?

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

Sponsored Content

#2 gopool

gopool

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2016 - 16:53

I agree with your final sentence. You should field strip the pen, inspect each part carefully, clean it thoroughly, add pure silicone grease to the threads and reassemble.

#3 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2016 - 20:34

It sounds like you may have a leak around the  nib and feed - can you get them seated more snugly?

Push further in probably. I'd say try wrapping plumber's tape around the two held tightly together, but with one pen I tried that with and originally had good results, it later backfired and the tape obstructed the ink flow. (only after many months of working perfectly, though).

One way of reducing the inner diameter of the section might be to coat it with something like shellac. Give it time to dry completely and see if you have a better fit.

Good luck! I'd love to hear your solution for the problem...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#4 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:39

There can be gap between nib and feed through which ink may be leaking. I had this issue with my click Neo Tulip. I refitted nib and feed to solve the issue. Inspecting the pen while ink leakage occurs will be helpful.

#5 melodiousb

melodiousb

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2016 - 13:06

I tried getting the nib and feed seated better, and then filled the pen with water and left it standing on the cap end all day yesterday. No water in the cap when I got home! So I guess it's time to try it with ink again.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

#6 dan in montreal

dan in montreal

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 17:07

I had the Fountain Pen Revolution version of this pen (the Indus) and a crack developed in the section within a few months. I think I filled it 3 or 4 times, never dropped it, gently used it. I had the black version and the crack was difficult to spot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: click, leak

Sponsored Content

|