The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Anyone Seen Hermes New Mail Line?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Keyless Works

Keyless Works

Antique

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2016 - 17:29

H200646A-55.gif

This airmail pad is by far my favorite...it's an A5 pad where each sheet turns into an envelope.  (I already ordered one). 

The prices are high of course and they make ridiculous stuff like silk postcards for $95 a piece but they also have some nice notebooks and stationery for well under $100. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Oggie

Oggie

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:56

I hadn't seen this, and now I want! Please let us know how the paper behaves with pen and ink.

#3 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2016 - 00:40

If it is Hermes where are the winged shoes and helmet?  I claim fake...replica Hermes, likely made in China and not even a God of herds, much less messenger.  I bet you even have to put stamps on it and even then it will just sit there until YOU move it.  Some messenger.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#4 humzai

humzai

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2016 - 18:48

How do you like it? What kind of performance have you gotten with fountain pens? Thanks

#5 Dufffader

Dufffader

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:24

I've just bought the pad, what they call the Aerogramme pad. 

Will probably start to write on it in the next couple of days. I've got the ink cartridges for the Nautilus line as well, and it should work on my Pilots. I'm just waiting to drain the ink on one of the Falcon pens that I have and then use the Hermes ink on the Hermes pad. Will report how it behaves. 

#6 Dufffader

Dufffader

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2017 - 13:18

I've finally started to use this Aerogramme pad and I'd say that it was probably made for ball pens rather fountain pen.

The writing part of the paper is white but has a smooth feel to it, almost like glossy printer paper. That's probably already a bad sign.

I've used Hermès' Rouge H ink in this test (don't tell them it's in a Pilot Kakuno! Medium nib by the way) and it feathers a fair bit. Not disastrously so, but noticeable. I've attached a photo of the other side of the paper, clearly showing ink seeping to the other side. 

I usually use an Avery label for the address, so it is still mail-able. 

The entire pad is quality though. To the texture of the cover, the way the paper detaches from the pad, etc. So it should, for 35+€. Too bad it is not 100% fountain pen friendly. 

IMG_5299.JPG

IMG_5300.JPG

Sponsored Content

|