Anyone Seen Hermes New Mail Line?

Keyless Works

http://media.hermes.com/media/catalog/product/import/A/A01/A014/item/other_view1/H200646A-55.gif

This airmail pad is by far my favorite...it's an A5 pad where each sheet turns into an envelope. (I already ordered one).

The prices are high of course and they make ridiculous stuff like silk postcards for $95 a piece but they also have some nice notebooks and stationery for well under $100.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dufffader

• jar

• Oggie

• Keyless Works

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it is Hermes where are the winged shoes and helmet? I claim fake...replica Hermes, likely made in China and not even a God of herds, much less messenger. I bet you even have to put stamps on it and even then it will just sit there until YOU move it. Some messenger.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I've just bought the pad, what they call the Aerogramme pad.

Will probably start to write on it in the next couple of days. I've got the ink cartridges for the Nautilus line as well, and it should work on my Pilots. I'm just waiting to drain the ink on one of the Falcon pens that I have and then use the Hermes ink on the Hermes pad. Will report how it behaves.

I've finally started to use this Aerogramme pad and I'd say that it was probably made for ball pens rather fountain pen.

The writing part of the paper is white but has a smooth feel to it, almost like glossy printer paper. That's probably already a bad sign.

I've used Hermès' Rouge H ink in this test (don't tell them it's in a Pilot Kakuno! Medium nib by the way) and it feathers a fair bit. Not disastrously so, but noticeable. I've attached a photo of the other side of the paper, clearly showing ink seeping to the other side.

I usually use an Avery label for the address, so it is still mail-able.

The entire pad is quality though. To the texture of the cover, the way the paper detaches from the pad, etc. So it should, for 35+€. Too bad it is not 100% fountain pen friendly.

post-115465-0-20354500-1486905159_thumb.jpg

post-115465-0-19683000-1486905168_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files