Ranga Model 8

Maccabeus

Hello, sorry to necro this thread, but may I know if I can fit in #6 JoWo nibs if I opt for the eyedropper model? I was thinking of putting in a Goulet 1.1mm stub nib but I'm not sure if I should order a Model 8 with screwed in JoWo unit. Would a normal eyedropper friction fit section work?

Not at all.

In theory, one might install any #6 nib, but on the two that I received a standard #6 nib was too long and bent when capped. If you are wanting to install a different nib, I would make sure that Mr. Pandurangan knows it beforehand.

Lux in Obscuro Sumus

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maccabeus

• mpkandan

• mehandiratta

• fountainpagan

Having just participated in the Ranga model 3 group buy, and not able to leave well enough alone (or have the patience to wait for the upcoming model 8 group buy), I asked Mr. Pandurangan to make a model 8 with the ends rounded like a model 3 (or as Mr. Kandan put it, a skinny model 3 with a section and clip like a model 8).

Here is the sexy beast.

I've been quite pleased and impressed with the Ambitious nibs, so I paid a little extra to have one installed.

As usual, the craftsmanship is impressive, and the fit and finish are amazing. This is, hands down, my favorite and most comfortable pen. Thank you, Ranga Handmade Pens for another exquisite piece of functional art!

Lux in Obscuro Sumus

Having just participated in the Ranga model 3 group buy, and not able to leave well enough alone (or have the patience to wait for the upcoming model 8 group buy), I asked Mr. Pandurangan to make a model 8 with the ends rounded like a model 3 (or as Mr. Kandan put it, a skinny model 3 with a section and clip like a model 8).

Here is the sexy beast.

attachicon.gif20170214_134241sm.jpg

I've been quite pleased and impressed with the Ambitious nibs, so I paid a little extra to have one installed.

attachicon.gif20170214_134305sm.jpg

As usual, the craftsmanship is impressive, and the fit and finish are amazing. This is, hands down, my favorite and most comfortable pen. Thank you, Ranga Handmade Pens for another exquisite piece of functional art!

Thanks a lot , Sir for your review and pictures.

Regarsd,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I have one of their regular Model 8's, and for years it was my favorite Ranga. I put a nib in that I had from Deccan, I believe it's an Ambitious as well. It is a bit big for the pen, which makes it an excellent fit for me. At the moment its first place is under fire from the translucent bamboo model

Rangas are excellent pens!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Not at all.

In theory, one might install any #6 nib, but on the two that I received a standard #6 nib was too long and bent when capped. If you are wanting to install a different nib, I would make sure that Mr. Pandurangan knows it beforehand.

To be able to install without problems a #6 nib you have to use a feed with 6.3mm diameter. I have done such an installation successfully using feeds I bought from fountainpenrevolution and noodlers Konrad feeds (you can use ranga feeds in the ebonite Konrad to install slightly thinner nibs).

I have one of their regular Model 8's, and for years it was my favorite Ranga. I put a nib in that I had from Deccan, I believe it's an Ambitious as well. It is a bit big for the pen, which makes it an excellent fit for me. At the moment its first place is under fire from the translucent bamboo model

Rangas are excellent pens!

Thanks a lot for your nice words. It is great Motivation for us

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Here is the sexy beast.

attachicon.gif20170214_134241sm.jpg

attachicon.gif20170214_134305sm.jpg

Thanks a lot Sir for your nice words and pictures.

Take care

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company