• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Lam1

• perfaddict

• MarkSimenhoff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A part of me which loves Pelikan for the great pens they make, rationally feels that the m1000 being a flagship pen, they need to build up its image akin to an Meisterstück 149, to command a high price and appeal, for it sells much below its RRP across internet/offline shops. May be Pelikan can start with a body/barrel combination solely made for m1000 with a custom designed nib. Then again, I would not be able to buy it :)

I don't understand that comment. Have they indicated that they wish to have similar prices and appeal? As I see it, the best arrangement for all is when a company can have prices that both it and the would-be buyer are happy with. And I'm sure that Pelikan knows that the pen routinely sells for below the RRP, a more or less arbitrary and meaningless number.

A wonderfully detailed and rather picturesque review as always Mr. Sonik!!! Looks like a really interesting pen to have but quite a large beast to tame.

A pleasure to read as always ....

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

...Lovely. Can you link me to your review? Thank you perfaddict.

I don't know wether to be ashamed that i have not done any reviews yet. So many more useful ones here in FPN, yours included.

Thank you CaliforniaJed. Your Stresemann m805 looks so :wub: Is it acquired too via auction route?

If only the m1000 came in those grey stripes :rolleyes:

Thanks. The Stresemann was an outright purchase. I'll soon likely pull the trigger on a Burnt Orange (my favorite color) as well.

Jed

A wonderfully detailed and rather picturesque review as always Mr. Sonik!!! Looks like a really interesting pen to have but quite a large beast to tame.

A pleasure to read as always ....

Thanks Prads & I agree with you :D

Thanks for s nice review and pictures as usual .Congrats on acquiring this marvellous pen !

Thanks Saleem ji :)

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

I don't know wether to be ashamed that i have not done any reviews yet. So many more useful ones here in FPN, yours included.

It simply means you are enjoying your pens more than any of us :)

Thank you CaliforniaJed. Your Stresemann m805 looks so :wub: Is it acquired too via auction route?

If only the m1000 came in those grey stripes :rolleyes:

Thanks. The Stresemann was an outright purchase. I'll soon likely pull the trigger on a Burnt Orange (my favorite color) as well.

Jed

All the best Jed for the orange county :)

Edited by soniknitr

Totally agree, it's the wonderfully different nib across the flock. I am suddenly getting a feeling that you already have too many ink bottles to finish, so the medium m1000 nib... :lol:

Of course :D & the fun part is that it's meant for posting too with a soft velvety inlay inside the cap. Japanese are just awesome. :wub:

Thank you again, Lam1 :D

But one can never have too many inks... :D

I don't have too many Japanese pens, but I adore my vanishing point and my Pilot 845. Based on those, I have to agree, they make awesome pens.

But one can never have too many inks... :D

I don't have too many Japanese pens, but I adore my vanishing point and my Pilot 845. Based on those, I have to agree, they make awesome pens.

Now that's the ink axiom by Lam1 :D

I still want a 845 in blue :wub:

Thanks, great review.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

Hi Sonik,

What an amazingly well written and engrossing review ! The pictures are also mind boggling. Thanks for sharing such a review.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Click here to check out my reviews

Fosfor Rajendran | ASA Santulan | Ranga Sugarcane | ASA Sniper | Fosfor Heather | ASA I-Will | Hero Glorious | ASA Azaadi | Fosfor Islander | ASA Halwa | ASA Macaw | ASA Namenlos | ASA Bheeshma

Now that's the ink axiom by Lam1 :D

I still want a 845 in blue :wub:

:D

The 845 in blue would be fantastic. But I don't imagine they turn up very often, since they seem to have been produced in very limited quantities (unless I'm mistaken). I wish they offered the colored versions of the 845 more widely, because they are gorgeous. I'll eventually grab the Vermillion from the Tokyo Pen Quill Shop.

Best of luck getting that Blue 845 (and when you get it, please post a review so we can drool over it :) ).

Edited by Lam1

Wonderful review!

Thank you Tasmith :)

Hi Sonik,

What an amazingly well written and engrossing review ! The pictures are also mind boggling. Thanks for sharing such a review.

Regards,

Prithwijit

Thank you PC dada for this wonderful comment :)

Looking forward to your next custom-design with a m1000/bock#8 nib (& an innovative filling system)

:D

The 845 in blue would be fantastic. But I don't imagine they turn up very often, since they seem to have been produced in very limited quantities (unless I'm mistaken). I wish they offered the colored versions of the 845 more widely, because they are gorgeous. I'll eventually grab the Vermillion from the Tokyo Pen Quill Shop.

Best of luck getting that Blue 845 (and when you get it, please post a review so we can drool over it :) ).

Agree they should have at least 3 colours available for the 845, but I blame Omas/Aurora/Others for teaching pilot the trick of making LEs LRs etc, poor poor us :( At least they should sell them outside Japan..

Thank you, thank you for the wishes of luck (may your words come true :) )

Great Review, Great IMAGES...Great Fountain Pen..

It must have take quite some time to put together the entire review....THANK-YOU for taking the time.

Bill

Lovely photos, thank you.

Thank you :)

Great Review, Great IMAGES...Great Fountain Pen..

It must have take quite some time to put together the entire review....THANK-YOU for taking the time.

Bill

Thank You Bill :)

Best,

Sonik