Sheaffer 100 Rollerball

Zookie

OK, I'd like to know what refills can be used to replace a Sheaffer 100 roller ball refill.

There are so many out there that my head is smoking from looking them all up!

The refill is a slim roller ball, but not so easy to get locally. If I have to order them online, then I'd like some options other than black or blue.

Monteverde or Private reserve maybe, but which one?

Does a Schmidt 888 fit the bill?

HELP!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chomann

• Zookie

• lyonlover

According to this chart, your pen needs the slim refill as you said... From the pictures I'm looking at, I think your pen can use a Pilot G2 refill, which is about the same size as the Schmidt 888 refill.http://www.penturners.org/forum/attachments/f14/101896d1380497324-pilot-g2-comparison-schmidt-888-rollerball-imgp6430-fixed-copy.jpg

This looks a lot like the Sheaffer slim refill in this picture I found:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server100/hw3a3o26/products/1453/images/2591/Sheaffer_Rollerball_Pen_Slim_Refill_Black_Blue__97381.1309856303.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I have very high certainty that the Schmidt refill will fit your Sheaffer 100. In the very worst case you might have to cut off a bit of the refill but I don't think you'll even have to do that.

I think you should buy that Schmidt refill.

edit: speling

Edited by lyonlover

I found a new one in my parts box, believe it not, it' a Crocodile (made in China) refill. It fit perfectly and writes nicely, so nice in fact, that I ordered a couple extras.

They'll do until I get some nicer colored ones.

Thanks for the tip!

• 1 month later...

Ok, I need to pop in here. The small plastic neck right after the G-2 refill will stop the cartridge from fitting. So there are a few options.

1) use the Schmidt cartridges (is there a Monteverde option?)

or

2) if desperate to use the G2 refills you could run (by hand?) a small 0.124 drill bit down the center to open it up for the G-2, you would only have to drill out a small bit (just enough) to seat the G-2 refill NOT a through and Through or the tip will wander terribly when writing.

The opening basically needs to go from the 0.098 to the 0.124 (only a 0.026" difference, that's 0.013" off each side since its round) - Note that's less than 1/64th of an inch . The original scheaffer 100 cartridges and the Schmidt have a tapered conical bit right there where the larger 0.124 "secondary neck" of the G-2 jams. This being said I've not had the courage to do this to my Sheaffer 100 rollerball... I love the pen despite its cheaper cost.. perfect business pen.

Freedom First, Condemn Conformity.

I just found that the pilot V7 RT refills will fit the sheaffer 100 rollerball as long as your Okay with the tiny needle point and a small bit of black plastic showing. Writes far far better than the sheaffer cartridge, then again any ballpoint writes better than that thing.

Freedom First, Condemn Conformity.