Atlanta Pen Show 2016 ~ Details

Earthdawn

Well it is officially just 3 weeks away and Atlanta is shaping up to be another amazing east coast show.

Details are at http://atlantapenshow.com

It is going to be a who's who there.

I will be there :ninja: as will Leigh Reyes, The Goulet's, Brad Dowdy aka The Pen Addict and they are Broadcasting LIVE Saturday Night the 200th PodCast of The Pen Addict. Myke Hurley his partner in crime is flying across the pond to be at the show as well.

After Party Friday night hosted by Nock & The Goulet Pen Company.

After Party Saturday will be right after the live podcast hosted by The Pen Addict & Montegrappa ~ It's MULE party time

Do keep in mind when i say "after party" it just means a meet and greet of Friends & Pens. It's a time to gather and share our knowledge, pens, ink, paper and meet each other face to face.

The Vendor list will grow as I know but here are a few to start:

Total Office Products
The Anderson's
Bertrams Inkwell
Franklin-Christoph
Vanness Pens

Ryan Krusac Studios

Andy Lambrou

NOCK Co.
Mike Masuyama
Susan Wirth
Bittner
Pendamonium

Indy-Pen-Dance
Kenro

Federalist Pens
Pen Market
Pen Guardian
Visconti
Laban
Mark Bakas
Carolina Pen Company
Powers Pen Company

Fountain Pen Day

For those going the hash tag for the show and what to use when tagging your photos is #ATLpenshow2016

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/InstaReel%20Photo%203_zps2pgdvvg3.png

Edited by Earthdawn

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GardenWeasel

• Earthdawn

• dixiehellcat

• bijou3owl

Question: I've heard other shows lean heavily towards vintage early in the show and modern later - does the same sort of dynamic exist in this show, or is everyone there at once? I can only make it for a day and am trying to figure out which day would be best in terms of my shopping list.

Question: I've heard other shows lean heavily towards vintage early in the show and modern later - does the same sort of dynamic exist in this show, or is everyone there at once? I can only make it for a day and am trying to figure out which day would be best in terms of my shopping list.

From what I have seen before, it is mixed. Also, I would say Saturday would be the best day because I believe that most vendors will be there that day, but if you go Friday you might find a deal on something that may sell out by Saturday. I believe Sunday will be the busiest since everybody is usually free then.

Edited by parthjpatel

Well I forgot you can only adjust a post here for a couple of days... so Ill update the list as a new post... blah

Well it is officially just 3 weeks away and Atlanta is shaping up to be another amazing east coast show.

Details are at http://atlantapenshow.com

SEMINARS are as follows so far.

Saturday:
Mail art seminar taught by Tammy Wright from 9am - 930am
Deborah Basel will host a journaling seminar from 10-10:30 am
Susan Wirth "Why some fountain pens can make anyone's writing look good!" 11am - 12pm
Sunday:
Deborah Basel will either do Calligraphy or Cursive Writing from 11am - 1pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is going to be a who's who there.

I will be there :ninja: as will Leigh Reyes, The Goulet's, Brad Dowdy aka The Pen Addict and they are Broadcasting LIVE Saturday Night the 200th PodCast of The Pen Addict. Myke Hurley his partner in crime is flying across the pond to be at the show as well.

After Party Friday night hosted by Nock & The Goulet Pen Company.

After Party Saturday will be right after the live podcast hosted by The Pen Addict & Montegrappa ~ It's MULE party time

Do keep in mind when i say "after party" it just means a meet and greet of Friends & Pens. It's a time to gather and share our knowledge, pens, ink, paper and meet each other face to face.

The Vendor list will grow as I know but here are a few to start:

Total Office Products
The Anderson's
Bertrams Inkwell
Franklin-Christoph
Vanness Pens

Newton Pens

Ryan Krusac Studios

MODERN Chocolatier

Andy Lambrou

NOCK Co.
Mike Masuyama
Susan Wirth
Bittner
Pendamonium

Indy-Pen-Dance
Kenro

Federalist Pens
Pen Market
Pen Guardian
Visconti
Laban

Tom Baley - The Pen Man
Mark Bakas
Carolina Pen Company
Powers Pen Company

Fountain Pen Day

For those going the hash tag for the show and what to use when tagging your photos is #ATLpenshow2016

Edited by Earthdawn

eee! my first pen show! I'm hoping I can come both Sat afternoon and Sunday, but not sure, it may be just one or the other. Either way it sounds like a blast!

One week to go!

;)

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

*standing at the ATM*. Let's see, money for pens. Money for ink. Money for nib repairs. Money for paper. AND! Money for chocolates from the chocolatier! Not necessarily in that order.

I looked at the web page...and it doesn't seem like too many vendors will be there. And there are almost no workshops. I am not hopeful.

Good afternoon. Although I've been interested in and collecting pens for some time (but not nearly as vigorously as many in these pages), this will be my first pen show. Really looking forward to going, but I have a couple of rookie pen show questions:

1. I have a couple of fountain pens that I received from my mother-in-law, which she purchased for a song at an estate auction (a couple of Pelikans, Sailor, a couple of Mont Blancs, some Cross, Esterbrook, even a Packard). I've looked around FPN and, I think, have been able to identify most of them. There are a couple that I am interested in selling or trading, but I'd love to confirm that the pens are what I think they are. May sound like a silly question, but does the show typically have vendors who can identify older pens as opposed to selling new ones? In particular, I have a Pelikan and two Mont Blancs I'd be interested in selling or trading. I also have a Cross that I cannot identify, but want to keep.

2. Does the show typically have vendors who will buy or trade pens? Is that something that even happens at the shows, or is that more a FPN thing?

Thanks for indulging my (very) basic questions.

Ark

Edited by Arklawboy

Please see my current classifieds!

Looking for a Cross Century 2000 RB and/or FP in Chrome: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/43765-wtb-cross-century-2000-rollerball-andor-fp-in-chrome/

Ark, I'm a noob too and this is also my first show! :) My understanding is that there are numerous vendors selling pens and accouterments. I too hope there may be some folks there who can examine and give me some info about a couple of pens I've found at flea markets.

I failed at taking pictures, but it was a good time! This was my first pen show, which is frankly a little frustrating because I've lived in Atlanta for almost three years, and have been into fountain pens way longer than that, yet I didn't know about it until this year. I've been missing out on so much!

Today was the only day I could make it (ah, grad school), so I threw all my money at vendors. I'm quite pleased with my haul:

• A bottle Akkerman Hofkwartier Groen #28
  • An iroshizuku three-pack of Kiri-Same, Ku-Jaku, and Yama-Budo (Vanness was letting you build your own three pack of the tiny bottles)
  • A Waterman Lady Patricia, persian, Ideal nib
  • An Esterbrook J Double Jewel, with a 1551 nib
  • A Pilot e95S, F
FPN is being asinine and error messaging every way I can throw the picture at it, so go here for the one pic I have of my haul (list above goes clockwise starting at the Akkerman).

I also learned a ton about different vintage pens, filling systems, and general history (I'd barely scratched the vintage surface before this, mainly for Sheaffer inlaid nibs) - it was super interesting! It was also really cool to see the different filling systems in action - I really didn't get it when people were talking about them here, but after seeing them in person I totally do. Also, both people I bought my vintage pens from are part of the local pen-collectors club, so I know where to get info/live demos from in the future!

Edited by bijou3owl

Sounds like you had a great time and made great purchases! That Waterman is gorgeous!

I'm super pleased with that one especially, since the nib has quite nice flex; I had been looking at clearly-labeled vintage flex at another table but everything was outside my remaining budget. So I decided to get something from this vendor, this pen caught my eye, and when I tested it out it was just as flexy as the ones at the first table! And in my budget! Not quite digging through a box of pens (though I did that too, just didn't find anything), but close enough!

Edited by bijou3owl