German For Semi-Hooded Fountain Pens

jam_27

How to search for semi-hooded fountain pens in German? What are the equivalent words?

Thanks.

Edited by jam_27

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jam_27

• RMN

• Inksomnia

• Panda74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try "halb verdeckte Feder" for "semi-hooded nib". Sometimes, people use "halb-verdeckt" or even "halbverdeckt".

Try also "teilverdeckt" or "teil verdeckt" or "teilweise verdeckt" meaning partially covered (nib). Or look for Lamy 27, Lamy 99 or Lamy ratio fountain pens, specifically.

oh how tempting to tell some jokes on the German language...

[must refrain from bashing, must stay nice, must bite my tongue...]

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Try also "teilverdeckt" or "teil verdeckt" or "teilweise verdeckt" meaning partially covered (nib). Or look for Lamy 27, Lamy 99 or Lamy ratio fountain pens, specifically.

Thanks but these key words are not helping much. I have tried them on google.de as well. Actually I am looking for a pen I had in the 90s which was not a Lamy, Geha, Rotax or a Bruynzeel . It looked something like

msg-11399-0-79326800-1444637734.jpg

and was black in color with a very similar semi-hooded nib as in the pic (Bruynzeel) with a plastic body, possibly a school pen. It had a slightly wider body and possibly an iridium point nib. It could have been a Reform or a Schneider but I am not sure. All I remember is that it was a German made pen and the best writing instrument I have ever used. I lost the pen while moving houses. Trying to find it now in www.

Any leads are much appreciated.

I'll transfer this to European pens, more chance there.

But are you sure it was German? The term < Iridium Point Germany > does not mean anything, that could be made in China or all over the world, actually.

Also: Did you buy it new? Early or late 90s? Do you remember where you bought it?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'll transfer this to European pens, more chance there.

But are you sure it was German? The term < Iridium Point Germany > does not mean anything, that could be made in China or all over the world, actually.

Also: Did you buy it new? Early or late 90s? Do you remember where you bought it?

D.ick

Not sure it was iridium point....memories have faded and I may be mixing it up with other iridium point pens (nibs) I have owned in the past. But I am sure it was made in Germany. It was written on the pen cap. Bought it new from a store in Berlin in 1993. It was a set with a ball point pen which is also lost now.

Most importantly, the design was very close to the Bruynzeel I have linked above, was just a tad wider.

Thanks.

Not sure it was iridium point....memories have faded and I may be mixing it up with other iridium point pens (nibs) I have owned in the past. But I am sure it was made in Germany. It was written on the pen cap. Bought it new from a store in Berlin in 1993. It was a set with a ball point pen which is also lost now.

Most importantly, the design was very close to the Bruynzeel I have linked above, was just a tad wider.

Thanks.

Have a look at the list of known pen brands. The European list is in the pinned post on top of the European forum.

Perhaps one of the names rings a bell?

1993 is not that old, one could think of Cleo, Kaweco, Senator, Diplomat, Staedtler........

Good luck hunting

D.ick

~

~

extremely remarkable...

"halbverdeckte" nibs are often stiff,

they were introduced to give a "ballpenfeeling"...why would anyone want that? do that? to get multiple copies (paper layered with carbon paper)... why not accepting that this is not the thing one does with a fountain pen... use a ballpen

the stiffness is reduced by a thinner gauge metal, which makes them more vulnerable

did the ink migrate up to the grip section? That was my experience with the Lamy 2000.

Enjoy your hunting

with kindness...

Amadeus W.
Ingeneer2

visit Fountain Pen Design

• 8 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Or maybe it's Germany most popular school fountain pen, Pelikan's Pelikano: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pelikano-Patronen-Fuller-/182397929163

post-133460-0-67047300-1482677062_thumb.jpg

Overview (with pictures) timeline of all Pelikano models: https://www.pelikan-collectibles.de/de/Pelikan/Modelle/Patronenfueller/Pelikano/index.html

Edited by Panda74

• 2 months later...

Or maybe it's Germany most popular school fountain pen, Pelikan's Pelikano: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pelikano-Patronen-Fuller-/182397929163

attachicon.gifs-l1600 (6).jpg

Overview (with pictures) timeline of all Pelikano models: https://www.pelikan-collectibles.de/de/Pelikan/Modelle/Patronenfueller/Pelikano/index.html

No not a Pelikan nor a Montblanc.

It was very close to this one http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BdsAAOSwOgdYqvwc/s-l1600.jpg, but in black colour. However, the cap was all plastic (written Made in Germany at the bottom). Any leads ...

Edited by jam_27

Could it be Artus? I have couple of their school pens and they are nice writers. They also look lots like the one you linked. They have many semihooded nib models.

Could it be Artus? I have couple of their school pens and they are nice writers. They also look lots like the one you linked. They have many semihooded nib models.

Could you please post a pic of your Artus here?Thanks.

Edited by jam_27

"Füllfederhalterfedermiteinemzukleinenhut".

gosh!

That's not a word. It's a sentence without spaces. The correct term would be: Kleinhutfüllfederhalterfeder. Here, that's a word. But that does not have to be the end. Kleinhutfüllfederhalterfederqualitätsvergoldungsmanufakturangestelltenverhältnisverordnungssachbeauftragter.

This is a german word. Yet no one uses such nightmares. And this job doesn't exist... i hope.

Artus is the old name for Lamy.

The name was taken around 1993 by a Russian company that now produces very luxury pens. I doubt they made such school pens.

D.ick

~

~

Artus is the old name for Lamy.

The name was taken around 1993 by a Russian company that now produces very luxury pens. I doubt they made such school pens.

D.ick

Ah, I meant that old Artus! Didn't know that name was taken by other company now. I didn't notice that time frame nor know that how old the Artus name was. Artus was first maker that came to my mind. But still, here is pic.