Greetings From Singapore

wilwahabri

G'day, I am Bill, English but living and working in Singapore.

I have always had a liking of pens from a very early age, My Aunts (That is Aunts with a capital A - they may not have been witches but they knew how ntom make a young boy laugh) worked in an accountancy firm and would bring home pens for me - I had a refillable ball point at one time but have since lost it.

Used fountain pens at school but having been taught to write when I was 3 by my grandmother in a cursive style then being forced to learn italic writing when I went to school at 5 kind of reduced my writing to similar to a doctors illegible scrawl. Not helped by the fact I am a professional engineer and think faster than I can write.

Anyway, long story short, my wife is Chinese and I visited China for the first time in 2009. I came across a boxed Hero Flying Eagle pen in a shop and was hooked on Hero pens. I like the special editions particularly and now have about 40 or 50! Particularly impressive are the Parker 51 lookalikes which retail for about 1US$ each in China and write brilliantly.

I need some space to store these pens so am constructing purpose built storage from old cigar cases etc, work in progress at the moment is a Gin Thye (Mooncake) box which should store 24 pens and two bottles of ink (Chinese of course - Boss (Lao ban) brand)

Next I have two cigar boxes to fit out and then plan to restore my old writing slope / box and fit it with custom storage.

Edited by wilwahabri

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• jar

• northstar

• wilwahabri

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. If you haven't already got one please look at the Kaigelu 316-- in my opinion the best of many good Chinese pens.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Welcome !

Looking forward to seeing the storage boxes.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello and welcome from Idaho. :W2FPN:

"You want to be a writer, don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen." ---Paul Simon

Hello and a warm welcome to you :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 4 weeks later...