Stipula Ceased Operations In Japan?

Tinjapan

A pen dealer in Tokyo, Ueno Ameyoko told me that Stupila has ceased operations in Japan at the beginning of the year. Do not know what this could mean but in light of reports of difficulty getting pens serviced by Stipula, thought it might be important.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinjapan

• jar

• AD64

• mehandiratta

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not but do not know. I was hoping that my topic would attract comments from those who had more information

Try asking in the Italian Pens forum. It might garner more attention from those that might know Stipula's status.

Hmm, seems like I did?

Seems so. But I'm old and often not sure who I am much less where I am.

Seems so. But I'm old and often not sure who I am much less where I am.

yes, where, and above all, why? 😬

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

No news on Stipula's site. Stipula nel mondo shows, under the Japan tab, various dealers.

I was in Shinjuku today and stopped by Isetan, one of the dealers listed on their website, to see if they had Stipula pens a/o ink. Not only do they not carry them, they were surprised that they are listed as dealers on the company website. Said that Stipula pens are hard to find in Tokyo ans suggested Kingdom Note, which I had just come frm and whom do have used Stipula pens but no longer sell Stipula ink.

Obviously, Stipula's website is not up to date, a t least not for their dealers in Japan.

Edited by Tinjapan

Has anyone contacted Yafa, the US distributor, and asked about Stipula's status? Seems a direct question is better than speculation.

gary

I was prompted to share what a pen dealer in Tokyo told me about Stipula by posts complaining about the long time it has been taking to get repairs done by Stipula and Yafa and other dealers being unable to provide any information.

Thought these might symptoms of some trouble with the company.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Stipula Novecento LE Olive at KN today. They confirmed that Stipula has a new owner and that they cancelled all contracts with anyone in Japan. None of the dealers can buy pens nor ink directly from Stipula. All that remain are used and NOS pens, which is why I was able to buy my new pen at over 50% off. Sadly, they are out of converters. Will try Ameyoko tomorrow.

Stipula was almost bankrupted about a year ago, or maybe a year and half, and it was bought from another company.

If is possible they are not yet stable with the new structure.

Stipula was a very small company, something like 10/15 peoples, and with companies of this size, just one person fired or changing job could lead to big changes in the efficiency of the company.

In particular for export or repairing, offen just one person take care of that. If this person is gone, nobody do that anymore since it is replaced.

In any case also here in Italy Stipula seems to be not that much active and is not clear what they are doing.

last year I had one pen repaired from them.