Aurora Optima 365 Abissi Color Change Warning

jhsd1124013561

Hi FPN,

I know a lot of you folks are fans of Aurora and are very excited about the new 365 Optima Abissi this year. Since this year is a leap year, Aurora made 366 pieces.

According to nibs.com, the color is described as:

"The Aurora Optima 365 Abissi Limited Edition fountain pen is made from green marble Auroloide and flecked with flakes of blue. Deep black on the section and flat cap ends provides luxurious design, while gold trim highlights the warmth of this quality writing instrument. This is a pen that must truly be seen in person to appreciate the complexity of the subtle color shifts."

nibs.com link: http://www.nibs.com/aurora-optima-365-abissi-limited-edition.htm

25752725451_8c97ffabd6_z.jpg

And from http://luxuryadvisor.online/2016/02/tribute-to-a-classical-time-aurora-optima-365-abissi/ they are beautiful! The 000 number is shown as below.

And also in reddit, it is claimed that the last photo was shot without camera shy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/402wq5/not_camera_shy_at_all_the_aurora_optima_365/

25752726351_09fc37fa9c_h.jpg

25547134720_7075a1b590_h.jpg

When I first saw the picture, I was simply stunned and decided to go for one. So I purchased one from novelli.it and I have to say, Novelli is very pleasant to deal with, they put the order and packed very securely and shipped very fast.

However, I am very disappoint by the Aurora changed their color. As you can see, the 000 is rich blue-green color with green base and blue strip. However, mine is blue and green strip with grey color base. I am very very disappointed that Aurora made a color change when they put the pen into production. Please check the picture of the actual pen below and see the differences! I compared this pen to one of my old style Optima and you can see how bad the pen actually looks.

Again, I am very pleased with Novelli's service and I will contact them to figure the next step. But for further potential buyers of this pen. Be aware of this!

25221246783_dddf70e9f0_k.jpg

25726897602_32e6fa69dd_k.jpg25726895592_e3d4b5b3b9_k.jpg

Edited by jhsd1124013561

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhsd1124013561

• DevrimJan

• Ka Yuklim

• whichwatch

wow, what a difference! I don't plan on getting one but it's nice of you to warn people. Apart from the difference in color base, the green is much duller, which leads me to believe they took the photos above with flash.

wow, what a difference! I don't plan on getting one but it's nice of you to warn people. Apart from the difference in color base, the green is much duller, which leads me to believe they took the photos above with flash.

You don't say, I cannot believe what I see when I first got this pen this afternoon. Man that is very very disappointing :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

I'm late to the party, but one of these popped up in a local to me pen sale group. It looks nothing like the original glam shots. Not attractive at all. Even with this change the seller still asked for around 400 USD.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, Ka Yuklim said:

I'm late to the party, but one of these popped up in a local to me pen sale group. It looks nothing like the original glam shots. Not attractive at all. Even with this change the seller still asked for around 400 USD.

:P Aurora initially want to sell this pen at $600 (if I remember correctly),imagine that

4 hours ago, jhsd1124013561 said:

:P Aurora initially want to sell this pen at $600 (if I remember correctly),imagine that

That was a hard pass for me. I used upcoming income tax season as an excuse to back out. I believe I dodged a bullet.