Meisterstuck Diamond Legrand Replacement Barrel

cgrossmeier

I recently had a Mont Blanc Diamond LeGrand fail. The pen was in my travel bag on a trip. When I opened the bag and checked my pen holder, I noticed the barrel had broken off at the end. Either the bag took a sharp impact or the barrel failed.

I contacted a local Mont Blanc authorized dealer regarding repair and they indicated there was no option for repair. It was purchased in 2011 in the UK from Herrod's who is an authorized dealer and all of the paperwork, receipts, and boxes are still in my possession.

The dealer indicated the pen did not have a repair option and I should look at a new pen. Seems crazy for an $600 pen. The diamond cap and other parts are all still intact. The barrel failed at the spring on the back end. I simply want to order a replacement barrel, not an entirely new pen.

post-128833-0-29830400-1458153800_thumb.jpg

What are my options and any suggestions as to an Authorized Dealer who may be able to get parts?

Thank you.

Chris

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CS388

• Mister Mont Blanc

• Caestus75

• cgrossmeier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would bet you can find a replacement part... maybe check ebay for other broken pens or salvage parts.. That's a piston filler so the back end screws off and can be replaced (perhaps as a whole unit and not just the plastic cap)

Here is a video for a rough idea for disassembly and what you might want to look for.

After looking more closely at your pen it looks like a rollerball?

Edited by Caestus75

...snip...

I contacted a local Mont Blanc authorized dealer regarding repair and they indicated there was no option for repair.

Surely not?

I'd contact another Montblanc AD. I'd have thought that this would have been easily dealt with by the Montblanc Service teams? It's a pretty straightforward repair, if you have the parts - and they have the parts.

Good luck.

That's a piston filler so the back end screws off and can be replaced (perhaps as a whole unit and not just the plastic cap)

I think it's a BP, or RB?

It can absolutely be repaired by MB. I just took my 146 Diamond fountain pen that I use everyday into the boutique because it was leaking around the threads. Not sure how it could have happened since I am very careful with all my pens. They sent it back to the service center for me no charge and noted that it was a warranty issue (pen is less than a year old). I would assume I will get a brand new pen from my previous experiences with Montblanc. Not sure if they have MB boutiques where you are, but I am sure they can get it fixed for you. Even when some of my other pens were out of warranty, plastic like that would be a hundred dollars or so to fix at the most.

What do you mean by no repair option? MB service in Texas can repair any MB writing instrument, regardless how old it is. They have plenty of spare parts, technically they won't "repair" it, but replace the broken part.

The pen pictured is a LeGrand rollerball.

No, your pen cannot/will not be "repaired" by Montblanc. A "repair" could be done by you or someone you know who has some adhesive agent or glue. However, Montblanc will certainly REPLACE your barrel for a charge. Once your pen is out of the two-year warranty, it is treated like any other pen, regardless of where you purchased it. Head to Montblanc's website and check out their "Repair Service" link at the bottom of the page or call their 1-800 number, both of which provide instructions for how to send a pen in for service. Remove your ink refill and package everything up securely, not in your Montblanc box. Once they receive your package with your written request, they will contact you with the cost and then you can proceed with payment. There is a flat fee charged for replacing certain parts and any other parts in need of replacing. Your old barrel and broken end piece will likely be pitched and you should receive a pen with a brand new barrel (if you're willing to pay the repair cost).

You may also look online for LeGrand rollerball barrels in your specific trim, such as from eBay. But Montblanc does not sell parts to customers.

I'm sorry your pen broke and hopefully you will be able to get it fixed soon!

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!