Extremely Happy With My New Limited Edition Montblanc Francoise I But...

Bigmacmagicmac

Most likely they just changed the whole nib unit without any kind of deep expertise. Probably no need to worry. I very much hope that your troubles will soon be over and you will enjoy the pen to full extent!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigmacmagicmac

• fromthecrowd

• rwilsonedn

• Bo Bo Olson

I hope so too. No more reaction nor reply from Montblanc after my request for more information. We will see on Monday then. Hate to be confronted again with the people from the store but I just have to bite the bullet. It is such a tragic story and above all unnecessary one.

If they just had believed me from the beginning, send the pen to MB and had it checked/repaired there would have been no problem at all. It could have been so easy.

Let´s hope now for a good ending.

I hope so too. No more reaction nor reply from Montblanc after my request for more information. We will see on Monday then. Hate to be confronted again with the people from the store but I just have to bite the bullet. It is such a tragic story and above all unnecessary one.

If they just had believed me from the beginning, send the pen to MB and had it checked/repaired there would have been no problem at all. It could have been so easy.

Let´s hope now for a good ending.

Not that you should...but if you ever do business with that store again, you should request some kind of discount off your next purchase for the hassle. Like, a SIGNIFICANT discount...

Sorry for the delay.

I finally was able to pick up the pen in the store yesterday. Really extremely sad that they sent some one to attend me who I´d never seen before or spoken to and who did not seem to know anything about the subject. The store owner was also in the store, handed over the pen to his colleague and did not even said ONE word. The one attending me said NOTHING at all either and I was already so fed up with all of them that I did´t bother saying or asking anything.

I just checked the nib, saw that the back part which they mess-up in the store was replaced and top notch new again and I left.

Up until now I haven´t even gotten a chance to write with the pen. Will do so in a minute.

I also got an answer yesterday from Montblanc where they explained me what they have done:

1. According to them the ink flow system was broken or obstructed by ink.

2. The haven taken this part, cleaned and repaired it as well as other small parts.

Not much information then this but at least SOME information. The people from the store have not even greeted me, let alone apologized or explained anything else. Never have I been insulted so much in my life. Obviously I have not asked them if I needed to pay anything and I just left.

The final word has not been said about this but I strongly get the impression that Montblanc Spain has such long and strong ties with this store that on Spain level they will do absolutely nothing. I might have to try and find the responsible person for the EU or Germany and try to get them to listen. Really, I have never been treated so bad in a store nor other place.

Now the most important is the writing of the pen. Will try to let you know all in a minute or so.

Well every one I can be very brief: the pen writes fantastic!!!

The ink flow is perfect, wet and the tip of the nib really glides over the paper. It really feels like a totally brand new, different pen. I am 99% sure it also is. It looks brand new and it feels really like that also.

Even the filling system, the nob at the end feels different. The turning is much smoother as it was with my first Francoise I. I clearly feel a difference and when I first put the pen on the paper and wrote a few lines, it really felt as if no ones ever has used this pen before.

I would swear this pen is a brand new one but since they don´t have given me this info I have to assume it´s my old one repaired.

Nevertheless it writes perfectly now. Obviously I still need to start writing intensively with it for the next few weeks and months but the very first impression is really really good. Hard to express how happy I am at this moment. I guess you know what I mean.

After the holiday I will most certainly come back to this entire ordeal since I really feel very much violated. Also I think that Montblanc should know till the last detail about this just to improve in the future. Having people like this representing your brand is an enormous crime I think.

Thanks for all your support, help and advice over the last few months!!

Hooray! I'm so glad for you. And I'm also really pleased that you kept us updated the whole way. So often on sagas like this one people will tell us the problem and get advice, but not tell us how things turned out. And a happy ending is so nice.

Now, of course, you will be sure never to go to this store ever again, yes?

How about some pictures of the pen and a writing sample?

Yes, indeed time to relax and enjoy writing. What a piece of work it is. I have been browsing many (other) beautiful Montblanc limited editions but to me personally this one still remains one of the favorites.

Never I will return to the store again, in fact I will make sure that Montblanc will hear from this entire ordeal from start to finish. The sheer arrogance, still makes my blood boil. i hate arrogance, I hate people patronizing me or trying to make me look like I´m crazy. The injustice is just impossible to bear. I really was and still am extremely angry with the way they have treated me. And on top in the end nothing like an apology, or anything not even remote. They did´t even dare to face me or even welcome me when I entered the store. Really too terrible for words...

I enclosed a small note in request of Ergative. Maybe I´ll try a video in the future so you can see the flow of the ink and the smooth hovering over the paper. I tried different types of paper already. With this type the ink flow is not as much as with cheaper paper with more fibers. This paper note book I use has more satine type of paper but still very good to use with this pen. The Duafold at the moment is still a bit wetter but I am curious to see how this will evolve in a few weeks time.

I will most certainly keep you updated. I am very happy with all your feedback and personally I also like following other people´s stories till the end. In my humble option it is the least I could do back for all of you.

Happy writing!!

post-128831-0-07680500-1469556008_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! It looks like Montblanc acted gracefully in this situation. From the time they entered the scene all operations had been lightning fast. At least that's my impression. Wish you many years of enjoyment with your wonderful Francoise I! And thank you for the story!

Great news for you....finally.

So.....in celebration of your good news,

Grabbed my MB Woolf, B and scribbled a few lines with MB Toffee....yep....smooth as butter**.

I keep it in a velvet lined '30's Bakelite wrist bracelet jewelry case, keeping it pristine.

**Even though I normally wish the level just under butter smooth...good and smooth, one needs a few of them also, just like one needs a toothy pen or two.

I really like the detailed engraving on the Woolf mono color gold nib; it is my eyes only....bling. :)

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thank you so much, hate to leave my pen again for three weeks as we go again on a trip but I don't dare to carry it with me. Dilemma since I finally would have some time to actually sit down and write properly. Never mind, when I get back it will be waiting for me still so great foresight also.

Thanks for the nice reactions, really hearth warming.

After one day, the writing because even better and better. While yesterday it felt still very not to say brand new, now it already feels much more familiar and smoother even. Wetter most definitely also. Really an enormous joy to experience. Again, the weight and balance never seem to stop to amaze me either. It is what makes this pen stick out miles above the Duofold. A pen of that size should have this weight or close to it. My honest opinion.

My wife really was very funny when she briefly took it to try and said to me that she found the old one better..... :D :D :D :D so much for her support.....

Hilarious, today I decided already to inform Montblanc Spain about first the good news about my pen but more importantly the horrific experience with the shop I had. I explained in great details the extremely bad treatment they gave me. Their arrogance, lack of respect, stubbornness to even threatening me and almost not wanting to send the pen back to Montblanc.

All in vain I am afraid. The official response I got back was that they are happy to hear that the pen is repaired properly and that in the future they are happy to serve me as their customers in one of their official Montblanc stores in Barcelona....

They also gave me the addresses of their stores....

That´s it, nothing else about my entire story. As I expected they have a long standing relationship with this store and its owners so little use in trying to get them to listen, let alone act.

I guess that I have to move up and try to contact Montblanc on a European level or maybe try Germany. I´ll ponder on this a bit more. Hopefully I can write off my frustration....

Well, do not expect a public statement from Montblanc about one of their official dealer, if something have to happen after your circumstantiated report, it will happen in hidden mode. The fact that the owner of the store refused to talk to you is a good sign (a sign that something happened between Montblanc and the store).

By the way, on the other side of street, just in front of the store where you bought the Montblanc, there is a smaller papeterie which also has a great pen selection, I always have found that people there are much more friendly (but I've not had any problem with them, so as I lack a stress test).

Alfredo

Edited by alfredop

I would just let it go. Making it your mission to complain to anyone who will listen and respond is just more stress and wasted time. It also makes you relive the ordeal as you write it all out for the next recipient of your complaint. If anyone owes you a response or apology, it is the store owners, not MB. MB did everything in their power to resolve the issue as soon as possible. And whether you know it or not, I'd bet the store learned a VERY valuable lesson here; and I'm sure MB knows enough of the details to be less than pleased with their performance.

While I probably wouldn't go back to them to buy anything (or complain), if you ever DID go back in there and just acted happy as a lark and still gave them your business, that would probably do more to make an impression on them than any complaint letter. And I'd bet you get excellent service from then on...

They want this to be over with and I would hope so do you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just came back from a great vacation in Vermont. I thought of taking my pen with me but did´t in the end so almost 4 weeks without my new pen was hard. Yesterday I took it and it performed beautifully. Where the Parker had dried out, the MB started writing as if I had written with it just an hour before. Really nice to have it back again and happily writing.

Alfredo, thanks for the advice. I indeed know the shop on the other side of the street. Very nice people but indeed not as big a selection as my (former) shop. I did however find a new one which is also very old and it looks promising. I will sure pass there some day to check it out.

Still not sure if I take up against MB any further. On one hand I want them to know what happened but on the other hand it´s just a lot of bad energy and given the response or lack of it from MB Spain I seriously doubt it will contribute to anything.

Maybe better to leave it all behind me and start writing more!

Hi Bigmacmagicmac,

I have read this entire thread and found it fascinating. I started the thread this morning and had to stop after a couple of pages to run an errand. Coming back home, I couldn't wait to fire up the computer and continue the saga. I think my head would have exploded if, in a similar situation, I discovered that my VERY expensive been had been FORGOTTEN and left in a drawer at the shop instead of being sent to Montblanc!!! It was almost like reading a novel with twists and turns. I felt real relief when your pen finally wrote in a satisfying way for you. Thanks so much for your detailed and beautifully expressed story.