The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mabie Todd Swan Advice/suggestions

mabie todd mabie todd swan vintage flex mabie todd

21 replies to this topic

#21 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 23:56

So glad this will resolve well for you. 

Seeking positive resolution is total win here.  The pen is restored to intended purpose, and is in the hands of one appreciates it as a fine old writing instrument.

And, glad this forum exists for you to share and discern the best action.

Please share a writing sample once it's exchanged nib is installed?

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

Sponsored Content

#22 ALeonardoA

ALeonardoA

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:09

You appear to have found avery good vendor.  I am sure that you will be happy in the end!

Best of luck

Cob

Yes, the vendor seems to be a very cooperative person; an excellent characteristic indeed. Thanks for your help Cob.

So glad this will resolve well for you. 

Seeking positive resolution is total win here.  The pen is restored to intended purpose, and is in the hands of one appreciates it as a fine old writing instrument.

And, glad this forum exists for you to share and discern the best action.

Please share a writing sample once it's exchanged nib is installed?

Positive resolutions are almost always the most productive; it takes two to tango so I'm glad the vendor was willing to dance. I'm glad the forum exists too, the outside (and rare) perspective of more knowledgeable people is one I appreciate very much and I will most certainly provide a sample when it's all resolved. I have to say the very wide strokes from the images I uploaded were most likely the result of the cracks in the nib, which allowed it to flex more, so it won't have as much of a wow factor in that sense but we shall see. In the meantime thanks again.

Edited by ALeonardoA, 21 March 2016 - 01:17.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mabie todd, mabie todd swan, vintage flex mabie todd

Sponsored Content

|