The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Berning Red

noodlers red bernie sanders

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2017 - 16:12

TIL this existed. The backstory and label was just too much fun to resist. Took a little bit of digging, but I found it available at PenBotique. Had to get some. :D

Sponsored Content

#42 DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:28

Unobtainium obtained! It took a second attempt because Pen Boutique was sold out after they took my order (they were prompt in cancelling the order and refunding after finding my second choice of Nikita was also sold out.) Finally found a bottle confirmed at iPenstore.

Loaded up my Esterbrook SJ with the 9556 Firm Fine nib and took it for a spin...

No issues to report on Rhodia or Miquelrius. No ghosting, feathering, or bleed through on either. Dries in about 15 seconds.

On Office Depot copy paper (20lb red label), it's a different story. No legibility problems, but ghosting, feathering, and bleed-through are significantly greater than either the Sheaffer Skrip blue-black (tested with Esterbrook J and 9550 Firm Extra Fine), or the Parker Quink Black (Esterbrook J with 9128 Flex Extra Fine). I had to go to full flex mode on the 9128 to get the levels of ghosting or bleed-through I was getting with the Berning Red at normal writing pressure or speed.

That said, in a non-work environment on my personal supply of paper, those are non issues. I now have the cachet of owning a hard-to find ink, and paired with the Little Red Notebook I bought to go with it (a Poppy Red Rhodiarama), I can tweak my friends of a more Libertarian persuasion. :D

#43 dkatiepowellart

dkatiepowellart

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:42

If I  had not read Noodler's lengthy out of the box and truly horrid discourse on everyone from the left I might think it a joke.  And btw, while a lefty, had this man written such an insane speech about someone from the right I would also have stopped even considering supporting him with my $$.  I've had enough of his hatred -- everyone's hatred -- and division in this country.  So it is not joke... He hated Bernie Sanders.  He has the right to his writings on his website, and I wouldn't have a product of his in my office -- and thankfully, I don't think much of his inks so it is no loss.

#44 Shevock

Shevock

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:56

Thanks for the review! That ink is so bright! I think my students would think I was yelling at them every comment I made.

#45 FountainPenGuru

FountainPenGuru

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2019 - 21:01

If I  had not read Noodler's lengthy out of the box and truly horrid discourse on everyone from the left I might think it a joke.  And btw, while a lefty, had this man written such an insane speech about someone from the right I would also have stopped even considering supporting him with my $$.  I've had enough of his hatred -- everyone's hatred -- and division in this country.  So it is not joke... He hated Bernie Sanders.  He has the right to his writings on his website, and I wouldn't have a product of his in my office -- and thankfully, I don't think much of his inks so it is no loss.

Who are you talking about here? The owner of Noodlers ink? And what hatred are you talking about?
I happen to love many of the Noodlers inks. There are some very unique colors that Noodlers makes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, red, bernie sanders

Sponsored Content

|