A Vacuum Filler To Think About

Lazard 20

Auction here right now (not related with me)

A "simple" golden pearl 1936 or later "VACUMATIC" with oldest and obsolete "VACUUM FILLER" imprint?

or

A golden pearl prototype long before the appearance of this color?

Metal thread in blind cap. USA and PAT whitout dots.

What do you think?

http://s7.postimg.org/r42i8ufdn/PARKER_VACUUM_FILLER_LAZARD_GOLDEN_PEARL.jpg

Edited by Lazard 20

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lazard 20

• BOOGIT

• Fermata

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my last posting on FPN so apologies in advance if I dont make further responses.

The following pics are taken from the Vacumatic book by Parker and Zazove and show an unrecorded Golden Pearl vacuum filler from 1936. They say 1936 onwards but I note the 35 inprint on the nib.

BTW what is the significance of metal threads in the blind cap?

The first vacs did not have metal thread so it could to be saying that is later to 1933 and later to VACUUM FILLER so, probably, it is a "simple" golden pearl 1936 or later "VACUMATIC" with oldest and obsolete "VACUUM FILLER" imprint

More info about vacs blind cap thread: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/291575-please-help-me-date-this-vacumatic/

Is the nib correct for a Vacuum Filler pen? I thought they came with Vacuum fill nibs.

Keith

Is the nib correct for a Vacuum Filler pen? I thought they came with Vacuum fill nibs.

Keith

Hi, I can´t ensure that only VACUUM FILLER imprint nib was mounted. Although there was VF nib markers with VACUUM FILLER you also can find with predated USA above PARKER and see advertising of vacuum filler with USA PARKER nib, but in any case our particular topic nib not correspond strictly to vacuum filler era, i.e. 1932 and 1933 because it is dated and dated in 1935.

Edited by Lazard 20

This is a bit confusing.

If this is a VF the cap is correct ,the nib is not ,the blind cap is not but the imprint is correct.

The colour was new not offered before 1936 and only then as a VACUMATIC

The nib is not a problem it's clearly a replacement if this is a VF. If the metal and non metal blind caps Both fit this pen then the cap could also be a replacement.

The big problem in concluding that this is not A VF is the imprint. It is quite possible to use old stock for pens but why would you put an obsolete imprint on a Pen that is the a New colour you are introducing to the market. If it was Burgundy perhaps people had Vacs and VFS In that colour but Not your newest offering. Who would want to buy pen model discontinued for 2years in a New colour?

Could this have simply been a factory error? Or is it really an extremely rare find.

I have a nice VF NIB - with the correct Blind Cap would I not have a Golden Pearl Vacuum Filler

Comments appreciated

Keith

This is a bit confusing...

Keith

Indeed it is confusing and is for that this fountain pen makes us think. Personally, I can ensure nothing. Just observe.

Elements contrary to VF:

1. Blind cap.

2. Nib date imprint.

3. Color appeared later.

4. Best "alignment" of celluloid that in the first vacs.

Elements for VF:

1. Barrel Imprint (by the way, curiously rare by dots absence between USA and end of PAT).

We can see that there are more elements on contrary so, although it is a mere assumption, perhaps it was cause of a peak production at the beginning (coherent with clip) of introduction of the new color and they used an oldest plate or lettering machine considering that in the '30s the users weren´t interested in imprints as collectors may be nowadays.

Footnote: regarding your thinking "I have a nice VF NIB - with the correct Blind Cap I would not Have to Golden Pearl Vacuum Filler", I think it will not be easy to find a correct golden pearl with celluloid blind cap.

Edited by Lazard 20

I just looked at a VF IMPRINT ON p72 of Dan Z ,s book and there are no dots after USA OR PAT

Keith

I just looked at a VF IMPRINT ON p72 of Dan Z ,s book and there are no dots after USA OR PAT

Keith

http://s11.postimg.org/r78srw4jn/PARKER_VACUUM_FILLER_LAZARD_IMPRINT_BURGUNDY_PEA.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/nd25v5ly1/PARKER_VACUUM_FILLER_LAZARD_IMPRINT_WITHOUT_DOTS.jpg

Imprints from Vacumatic book and our fpen:

http://s14.postimg.org/glqb7ywtt/PARKER_VACUUM_FILLER_LAZARD_IMPRINT.jpg

Rare is not nonxistent. Thanks, so we know that these plate or lettering machine of your reference could have done this imprint -the absence of dots and the accentuation of "T" seem to confirm it- ... now we only need to know when, in 1932/3 or 1936.

Edited by Lazard 20

Your point is well made .

My interest is not just Academic , I am the guy who bought it

I will take it to Atlanta and get some additional opinions but I think at the end of the day the only thing we can know for sure is that it is Confusing

Keith

Your point is well made .

My interest is not just Academic , I am the guy who bought it

I will take it to Atlanta and get some additional opinions but I think at the end of the day the only thing we can know for sure is that it is Confusing

Keith

Independently that we get to know or not how it was imprinted it is an excellent acquisition. Congratulations! not many like her.