Soon To Be Released New Pilot Pen

Tinjapan

Just had a pen looked at by the Pilot pen doctor at Mitsukoshi's pen fair. While talking about Pilot 845s, he told me that Pilot will release a new Custom pen, based upon the 845 but larger. He said it would be King of Pen sized and have a number 30 nib. It too will be Urushi coveted ebonite. As it is larger, it will come with a larger price tag, in the ¥80,000 range.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tinjapan

• Maurizio

• Lam1

• mongrelnomad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting maybe this is the forthcoming Pilot anniversary pen?

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Exciting news! I wonder if Pilot will use a different filling system on this new pen as compared to the 845, i.e. Japanese eyedropper?

He did say it would be the new flagship pen. If they have an eye dropper version, I hope they also offer it with the current filling systems.

I have several eye droppers, all but one vintage. I do like them as they write nicely but I do not understand why everyone is crazy about them, especially as the Con-70 holds a lot of ink. Just to my opinion.

Definitely a pen I'll anticipate. Hopefully they finally use a piston. I enjoy the 845 but don't like converters.

If it's this year, then custom 988. Releases are usually in October, if I remember right.

its not the 98's anniversary as the Custom 98 has already been done

but you could be right on the money on the 988... hmmm were not sure how this will go

Edited by Algester

very nice info ... but then again JPY 80,000 is way way over my range sadly

still i would very much like to see it and wishing it be a demonstrator please !!

Crystal Clear Demonstrators are such marvels, each with their set of stories clearly written out for all to feast on.

• 3 weeks later...

This is great news.

Hopefully they will also have it in different colors (a vermillion would be great). I would be all over it. I've already started saving my pennies :) .

The Pilot eye dropper on the Emperor is great. Gorgeous smooth and no issues. I far prefer to even the CON 70

• 1 month later...

This thread has been cited on the venerable font of fountain pen wisdom and arcana, Crónicas Estilográficas. The author of that posting has obtained new information from a mysterious unnamed source:

"This new pen seems to be one of the three pens Pilot Corporation is preparing to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the company. The new size 30 nib is confirmed; and this model will be black. It will be released this coming October."

Start saving your benjamins.

and this model will be black.

shocker :rolleyes:

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Any chance the 845 will get lower in price?

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com