Sheaffer Website (Us) Lack Of High End Fountain Pens?

aderoy

Visited the http://www.sheaffer.com website today and was disappointed in that I could not find any of the higher end (>$100) pens.

Is it just me? Not the proper website (i.e. another site for Legacy etc) or poor marketing?

Thank you

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• aderoy

• torstar

• EBUCKTHORN

If you go to the page or writing instruments, their pictures are listed, albeit in rollerball form. Clicking on them shows that they exist in fountain pen form, but it could be more intuitive.

"Oh deer."

Is there any place on the site where a large image of, for example, the Legacy Heritage fountain pen can be seen?

Is there any place on the site where a large image of, for example, the Legacy Heritage fountain pen can be seen?

If not I can likely provide some pics.

Thank you for the hint on finding the higher end pens. They do make it difficult, wonder why it is not front and center.

Thank you for the hint on finding the higher end pens. They do make it difficult, wonder why it is not front and center.

Likely because fountain pens are not a major product line and the low end fountain pens likely generate more revenue.

jar-Thanks for offering to provide images but don't spend your time on it. I'm much more interested in 1960-2000 vintage Sheaffers but was merely curious about the current crop. Are they all now made in China or are high end Sheaffers made elsewhere?

jar-Thanks for offering to provide images but don't spend your time on it. I'm much more interested in 1960-2000 vintage Sheaffers but was merely curious about the current crop. Are they all now made in China or are high end Sheaffers made elsewhere?

TTBOMK the Legacy series are Bock nibs with bodies made in Italy, none made in China. But since Cross owns Sheaffer now that may change.

Here is a Legacy Heritage below a Jim Gaston Lined Gold Legacy 2 and also a Legacy Heritage Sterling silver Victorian and finally a Legacy Heritage Barleycorn GT.

http://www.fototime.com/ADEF734C0AF0D27/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/979251D88515918/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/38CD169C3F7A779/large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

there's a Heritage Centennial on the pen page of men's gifts of my supplier of shaving materials

this is all so new to me, didn't even know this was out there...

• 4 months later...

Wow, the whole sheaffer.com website seems to be on ice. There is a message saying:

"Our Website Is Going Under A Major Reconstruction And Will Be Available Spring 2017" :mellow:

✒️ :happyberet:

Wow, the whole sheaffer.com website seems to be on ice. There is a message saying:

"Our Website Is Going Under A Major Reconstruction And Will Be Available Spring 2017" :mellow:

Likely part of the ownership change.

FYI - The Legacy Heritage pens were made in the Czech Republic / Germany, earlier later. Only the Valor was made in Italy. The Legacy Heritage nibs were jobbed to Bock when they ran out of stock from the USA. Effectively, the Legacy Heritage is discontinued. Only the 9030 and 9046 models are officially left.

TTBOMK the Legacy series are Bock nibs with bodies made in Italy, none made in China. But since Cross owns Sheaffer now that may change.

Here is a Legacy Heritage below a Jim Gaston Lined Gold Legacy 2 and also a Legacy Heritage Sterling silver Victorian and finally a Legacy Heritage Barleycorn GT.

http://www.fototime.com/ADEF734C0AF0D27/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/979251D88515918/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/38CD169C3F7A779/large.jpg

That sterling silver Victorian is gorgeous!

Too bad to hear they are discontinuing the Legacy Heritage.

Is the Taranis also discontinued? I am curious as to what Cross is going to do with Sheaffer at this point. Maybe they just bought them for their overseas distribution? I think the Taranis would have looked smashing with an inlaid nib instead of that garish design. As recently as the early '90s many Sheaffer pens had that inlaid nib . . . sorry to see that it seems to be disappearing.