The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Have You Seen The New Ink Miser Inkwells?

noodlers pen cleaning inkwell

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Margana

Margana

The Inkophile

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 18:19

Luxury Brands Ink Miser Inkwell videos.

The Intra-Bottle Inkwell is good for getting that last drop of Noodler's from bottle to pen. That is assuming you ever empty one of those 3 ounce bottles which is something I have yet to do.

Besides the uses shown in the videos, soaking a pen just up to the nib would be a really good use for the Ink-Shot. I might just need a row of these to clean pens after paper tests.

A certified Inkophile
inkophile on tumblr, theinkophile on instagram, inkophile on twitter

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,686 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 18:52

How much are they? Can I buy them by the gross?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#3 TheGreatRoe

TheGreatRoe

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,703 posts
  • Location:Alpha Quadrant, Sector 001, Earth, USA, North Carolina, Hillsborough
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:02

I saw the link shared on FB, but was unable to find any information other than a couple of images and a brief description.

The video you linked to suggests visiting luxurybrands.com, but that domain appears to be for sale.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog  |  My Creative Writing Blog  |  My Heraldry Designs

crestdr.png?w=100

#4 Margana

Margana

The Inkophile

• Member - Gold

• 2,166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:16

How much are they? Can I buy them by the gross?

MSRP for Intra-Bottle Inkwell is $5 and $6 for Ink-Shot.

Buying by the gross, indeed!

A certified Inkophile

#5 Margana

Margana

The Inkophile

• Member - Gold

• 2,166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:19

I saw the link shared on FB, but was unable to find any information other than a couple of images and a brief description.

The video you linked to suggests visiting luxurybrands.com, but that domain appears to be for sale.

The URL is http://luxurybrandsusa.com/ though there is nothing on the site about the new products yet. They were only announced Saturday, so you might want to nudge your favorite retailer to place an order with the distributor.

A certified Inkophile

#6 TheGreatRoe

TheGreatRoe

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,703 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:23

MSRP for Intra-Bottle Inkwell is $5 and $6 for Ink-Shot.

Buying by the gross, indeed!

Yikes.  Half the cost of a bottle of Noodler's for a little plastic insert?

The URL is http://luxurybrandsusa.com/ though there is nothing on the site about the new products yet. They were only announced Saturday, so you might want to nudge your favorite retailer to place an order with the distributor.

Wow, that website hasn't been updated in 20 months, and the YouTube channel looks like it's 3 days old.  Sounds like they could use a little social marketing help.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

crestdr.png?w=100

#7 Perdendosi

Perdendosi

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:52

Wow, that website hasn't been updated in 20 months, and the YouTube channel looks like it's 3 days old.  Sounds like they could use a little social marketing help.

Yeah, but assuming the device saves you 4 ml of ink, you'll make your money back after only 11 bottles! :-)

#8 Margana

Margana

The Inkophile

• Member - Gold

• 2,166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:55

That plastic insert can be reused and since it is made from polypropylene should last a very long time. That makes it a small investment if you have bottles it would fit.

Luxury Brands is on Twitter, Instagram and FB.

A certified Inkophile

#9 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 19:58

Well, Margana,

Until the Luxury Brands Ink Miser Inkwell gets off the ground, we have the Erka Inkwell available from Goldspot Pens for about $ 15 for three, so around $ 5 each. I have six and find them most useful. They are listed under Rohrer und Klingner inks. Fit the R & K bottles, Aurora bottles, and others too numerous to mention.

The thread on the Erka is amusing and goes on to quite a length. Recommend looking it up when you have a few minutes.

Really enjoyed the comment that the Ink Miser is the only inkwell insert that "exactly fits" the Noodler's three-ounce bottle. The Erka is a bit smaller and does have some wiggle room. If you aren't careful, it may come out with the cap when you open the bottle.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#10 TheGreatRoe

TheGreatRoe

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,703 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 20:01

That makes it a small investment if you have bottles it would fit.

I'll agree to disagree.  I'm fine with dumping the last 5ml into a vial for free.

crestdr.png?w=100

#11 LuxuryBrands

LuxuryBrands

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2016 - 20:32

Hi Amber, you may contact us at john@luxurybrandsusa.com to open an account or we could run the business through one of our dealers. 

#12 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:18

Hi Amber, you may contact us at john@luxurybrandsusa.com to open an account or we could run the business through one of our dealers. 

But what about the rest of us? Or can you qualify Amber as a reseller?

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#13 Diderot

Diderot

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:37

I'll agree to disagree.  I'm fine with dumping the last 5ml into a vial for free.

+1

But also if I have another bottle of the nearly empty one, I just transfer what's left to the new one.

#14 dcwaites

dcwaites

DavidW

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:26

But what about the rest of us? Or can you qualify Amber as a reseller?

I think Amber wants a gross of them for her minimalist collection of Noodler's...

I would only need about a dozen.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

#15 BlueJ

BlueJ

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 17:58

The stand-alone inkwell (the Inkshot) would be more useful if made of transparent plastic, to enable the user to see the color of the ink and the depth of the nib in the ink more clearly.  Sure, it could stain, but it should be easily washable.  A wider or weighted base would improve stability against tipping also.

#16 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,747 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 21:30

Looked at the video last night.  It seems to be a free-standing unit.  I was expecting some sort of actual insert, or else something like the Visconti traveling inkwell (for less than Visconti prices).

For $5, I can transfer ink into a sample vial, and stabilize it with a copper pipe connector that has a hex nut end.  Oh wait -- I already do....  And eyedroppers are pretty cheap at drugstores (for larger bottles, I'll use the longer size eyedroppers that came with the exclusive Noodler's inks from last fall's Commonwealth Pen Show.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#17 stonezebra

stonezebra

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2016 - 00:53

There seem to be two versions - 1 with a base and 1 as an insert.

#18 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,630 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:24

She also gives the incorrect url in the video

#19 rafapa

rafapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:59

I don't understand why she uses a full bottle if she want to demonstrate the utility to get the last drop of ink.

#20 dcwaites

dcwaites

DavidW

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:21

I'm just so impressed that in all the various youtube videos, filling the same pen with black ink (presumably Noodler's Black) the lady has spotless hands.

She'll never be able to contribute to "What color are your fingers today?"

Talk about trying to kill of one of our more entertaining and long-running threads*...

*To which I have, myself, contributed on the odd occasion.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, pen cleaning, inkwell

Sponsored Content

|