It's starting to feel like Spring here so I have been writing with another bright Spring like colour. This one is Poppy Red.
- This isn't a waterproof ink, but it has reasonable water resistance. By mistake the pool of water was left on the test patch for 20 minutes while I made and drank a cup of tea, then was blotted off with kitchen roll.
- Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny, smooth surface, and I used a Lamy 1.1mm nib, this ink only took 12-15 secs to dry. That's quick on this paper.
- It flows very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts despite leaving the pen uncapped while I did all of the swab tests.
- It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles
- Diamine Inks sells it directly to end-users on their web-site.
- It's a reasonable price.