Dc Pen Show Dates?

RonLyke

This is my first time attending. Can you please tell me what do you usually do at pre-show? When should I sign up with the nib-master?

And yes, I'm nervous

What day are you arriving?

If you want Masuyama you need to loose the fear for 10 minutes and ASK where he is to sign up. Mike is awesome. He is quite and down to business especially when he is grinding. But very personable when you sit with him.

#1 priority when you arrive is find Mikes list and get your name on it.

Ill be set up at the Fountain Pen Day table in the main Atrium.... if you need help or assistance just stop over and ask.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• jmccarty3

• C8zzz4pen

• Earthdawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What day are you arriving?

If you want Masuyama you need to loose the fear for 10 minutes and ASK where he is to sign up. Mike is awesome. He is quite and down to business especially when he is grinding. But very personable when you sit with him.

#1 priority when you arrive is find Mikes list and get your name on it.

Ill be set up at the Fountain Pen Day table in the main Atrium.... if you need help or assistance just stop over and ask.

After reading how much excited to attend the pre-show, I'll fly there late Wednesday, so I can go to the show on Thursday.

I definitely look for familiar screen-name and FB'see nicknames. Will you have this name on your name tag?

Thank you. I hope to see you.

So for the Friday pre-show, about how early to people start showing up? It's not entirely clear from the site and I've never tried to go on a pre-show date before.

So for the Friday pre-show, about how early to people start showing up? It's not entirely clear from the site and I've never tried to go on a pre-show date before.

Rick,

I think set up is around 8am. By 9 every table is usually filled.

DC is soo close....

Pen Meet Friday night 7pm-9pm with Fountain Pen Day, The Pen Addict & Vanness Pens.

Meet and greet many of the pen bloggers and share some pen/ink time.

This is a very casual meet up with some great raffle prizes as well.

Kenro is going to bring some Grappa as well.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/DC_PIC_zps16sdby1y.jpg

DC is soo close....

Pen Meet Friday night 7pm-9pm with Fountain Pen Day, The Pen Addict & Vanness Pens.

Do you know where this is going to take place?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Do you know where this is going to take place?

I am not 100% sure if it is the same room as last year but I am trying to find out. I will be setup in the atrium so IF I don't find out till I get there and don't get it posted here.... Find me. I am going to be right next to the Vanness table and I am pretty easy to spot. Ill be there with Brad, Ana Reinert and Matt Armstrong.

I will make sure I tweet it and get it on the secondary instagram account for show pictures and info @FPDpenshow

AND... that room it was in is down the hall as you go between the Hotel Check-in Desk and Ink sample table.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/IMG_0295_zpsficfqd8v.png

Edited by Earthdawn

DC is soo close....

Is it open for everyone, or only for pen collectors/ exhibitors?

Is it open for everyone, or only for pen collectors/ exhibitors?

OPEN to all ... please come and hang out.

At the same time we have a lot of bloggers invited as well for you to meet and tables setup. We want it to be a fun relaxing atmosphere for us pen crazy people to gather.

Wish I could make it on Friday. Sounds like good time.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

OPEN to all ... please come and hang out.

At the same time we have a lot of bloggers invited as well for you to meet and tables setup. We want it to be a fun relaxing atmosphere for us pen crazy people to gather.

Thank you. I'll looking forward for that.

So excited. Live about an hour away. Wasn't able to go last year because of a woodworking accident on the 3rd of August. it was awesome.

Saw this on the DC Pen Show site:

Open 9:00 Early Admission to general public with Postcard
Open 10:00 to general public in local newspaper ads.
I have neither, what time can I show up?
Didn't really see any information here or on the DC Pen Show web page about the pre=show. What are the benefits? Will all the vendors be there?
Does anyone have an ink list of what's going to be available?

On Friday, if you're going to splurge for the weekend trader pass, show up whenever you want. On Saturday, if you plan to spend the day, I'd show up by 1030, that way you don't have to wait in line. If you don't mind waiting in line, show up early.

The newspaper ad should be in Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday's Washington Post.

Thanks Greg!

I was confused because they forgot to change the dates on the DC Pen Show website. See you all Saturday.

how late does the show go to? I was thinking to check it out on thursday if I can leave early from work.

Just arrived at the show. Would like to see as many of you as possible. I'll have a big FPN button on, or you can text me at 817-296-5556.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Just arrived at the show. Would like to see as many of you as possible. I'll have a big FPN button on, or you can text me at 817-296-5556.

I just landed. Is it easy to find the shuttle?