What Visconti Fountain Pen Do You Find Is Your Favorite?

Johnboy976

28166905940_22a4271dd2_c.jpg

Currently inked, with the one I am always drawn back to...the Voyager Honey Almond F nib...in the middle. I love all the others, but this one's special.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• jkingrph

• Johnboy976

• lionheartlee

28166905940_22a4271dd2_c.jpg

Currently inked, with the one I am always drawn back to...the Voyager Honey Almond F nib...in the middle. I love all the others, but this one's special.

what is the second from the right? its a beautiful pen for sure!

what is the second from the right? its a beautiful pen for sure!

It's the Palazzo Ducale di Sassuolo...already mentioned in this thread by Freddy.

27841035384_8b387fb349_c.jpg

Those pictures didn't do that pen justice. That is a fine piece of art.

I apologize to Freddy for not noticing your pen as well.

I am currently awaiting my London Fog to get here...once it does I shall take pictures of my little Visconti collection. By far my favorite name in the pen industry...unfortunately for my wallet it is true.

I am currently awaiting my London Fog to get here...once it does I shall take pictures of my little Visconti collection. By far my favorite name in the pen industry...unfortunately for my wallet it is true.

When I get a good Visconti they end up being a favorite pen. Innovative, great looking, smooth writers. So much to love. The only problem is about 30-40% of my Visconti's have not been great out of the box and required a trip back to the factory for various warranty work, adding cost and time to the transaction (although not all problems can be fixed). There are other notable brands that are less flashy but have more consistent quality.

Sorry for the whining but having just sent another new purchase to Coles for a warranty problem the issue is on my mind.

The ink leaking problem seems to be common to many viscontis. I purchased one Millenium for RM and ink leaked slightly from the feed. But as that was black, it didnt destroy the look in anyone.

Tempted by the look, I purchased one new Visconti Opera Honey Almond paying a high price. That pen is semitransperant and ink leaking destoys the beauty of this one of the pretty pen.

And these stubborn stains become permanent!! I was very fond of this Opera Honey Almond but now really consider purchasing it as very very bad decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Visconti Watermark looks amazing but of course don't have one- waaaay too expensive 💸💸💸. Carbon dream also looks awesome.

Out of all my Visconti pens (5 total) only one doesn't write flawlessly...Its the Erotic arts Casanova edition in a B. 18k nib if I remember correctly. But I do believe it has a slight baby's bottom

• 2 weeks later...

I can easily say, as the previous post, my ONLY Visconti, the Opera Elements, AIR which was the one I wanted & happy to find. After Visconti changed the nib from the existing medium to my STUB I have been content with it's "juicy" writing. I applaud & appreciate MANY of their pens but I suppose this one made me so content; I saw no reason to purchase another. There have been MANY other purchases of other pens since, but NONE that have been more pleasing. It is currently inked with a wonderful ink from India, KRISHNA's "Chandon," which complements it's finish & the pen's nib likewise, the ink.

Homo Sapiens Bronze Maxi for me. Perfect for a "daily wear." Good looks, feels great, and is nearly invincible.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like a kindergartener with training wheels in this thread, but the topic just makes me happy so I'll play. Three Viscontis: a Van Gogh (irises), a Rembrandt (purple) and Hall of Music (burgundy). All are medium nibs. All are favorites; but the "music," with a top-three ink (Diamine Bilberry) is perfection.

Red marble Kaleido Voyager. I saw Neil deGrasse Tyson using one to sign books after a talk and asked him about it. Beautiful pen, great weight and nib. It is a joy to use and looks stunning when writing with Binder burgundy, Tulipe noire, or Yama-budo. Second place goes to a blue Copernicus that looks great and has a lovely crescent filling system.

I would like to add the Art Nouveau to the list but it has spent too much time visiting the land of its manufacture for repairs to earn that distinction. Leaking section (twice) and leaking feed (once) and it is still a wee bit tempermental about filling.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Visconti Divine Proportion Red - Bryant Greer Exclusive - Stub nib

Visconti Opera Master Crimson Tide - Bryant Greer exclusive - Double Broad

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze - Stub

All three wonderful writers. I always ask Bryant to test drive them prior to sending and adjust as necessary.

post-36725-0-03565900-1472763242_thumb.jpeg