The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Wait Time For Order From Conid

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 jconn

jconn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 February 2016 - 18:43

I placed an order with Conid for a Minimalistica+ demonstrator earlier this month, and I'm excited for it to arrive. I'll be heading out of town for a week in the middle of March, though. 

Will anyone share their approximate wait time for delivery of a Conid bulkfiller, particularly if you order sometime in January 2016?

I'm in no big rush, and am happy to wait for what I think will be an awesome pen, just trying to get my calendar straightened out.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 Edsal17

Edsal17

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 22:13

I know they are probably swapped with orders for the CASIO, so I expect lead times will be long. I ordered a regular bulkfiller at the beginning of February, and my invoice state an estimated ship date of 4MAR. That said I have not seen any posts about people receiving their CASIOs yet, so I won't be surprised if my pen is shipped later than that.

#3 jconn

jconn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 February 2016 - 22:59

I hadn't even seen the estimated ship date on the invoice! Mine says 26 February. Had I been paying attention, I probably could have answered my own question.

I bet you're correct--they're probably swamped with orders. 

Patience is not my virtue, so I generally forget that I've ordered things, so when they show up, it's a surprise.

#4 Edsal17

Edsal17

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 00:43

Jconn, any updates for you? I'm hoping to gage when I might see my pen based on how long it takes to for you to receive yours. Mine isn't estimated to ship until tomorrow, but I am not sure that is a realistic expectation.

#5 jconn

jconn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2016 - 19:54

Actually, I do have an update!

I just got an email from Werner. My pen is packaged and ready to ship, and should be winging its way across the Atlantic soon. I suppose I'll have it in hand by end of next week. Woohoo!

He even sent a photo and writing sample.

84ff1745-4948-49d0-80c0-6bd059c213b2_zps

#6 Portia of Belmont

Portia of Belmont

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 March 2016 - 14:15

Can you guys give me an idea of how long it was between placing your order and receiving your invoice? I placed my order on 2/20 and still haven't received an invoice. ☹️

#7 Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic

Dynamic quadrupod

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:49

Can you guys give me an idea of how long it was between placing your order and receiving your invoice? I placed my order on 2/20 and still haven't received an invoice. ☹️

I'd drop them another line. I do know they're flat out getting the CAISO first-run polished up and out the door, so I daresay that your order has been swamped in the rush.

I did find their processing / emails a little haphazard, I must say - I received several emails with invoice and despite several emails changing and confirming my shipping details it was still dispatched to the original address. All was brilliant though in the end, and I already plan another Conid later this year, a Minimalistica Demo just like Jconn has on its way to him; I just know now that the emails & paperwork are processed along something of a long & winding path!  :happy:

Edited by Hypocaffeinic, 14 March 2016 - 05:50.

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

#8 kjm

kjm

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2016 - 21:11

I placed an order for a Conid Minimalistica+ demonstrator on  January 10, 2016 and have still not received word on shipping. I  place in order for the new Caiso  on February 10, 2016. I have previously ordered two pens from Conid and if memory serves it took about two and half weeks to receive the pens. The last information I received from Werner was February 16, 2016. I have emailed him twice with no response. Previously he said that he would ship the first-order by itself at their cost if it look like it would be a longer wait for the Caiso.  In his email on Feb.16 (last email) he said that "Your lucky number is  DCB DB FT -TIC  13-60".  I have sent emails on February 27, 2016 and again on March 6, 2016 with no reply to either one.  This not like Werner and I am concerned that something is wrong.

#9 Portia of Belmont

Portia of Belmont

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2016 - 22:58

I emailed Werner again yesterday morning and he sent me my invoice. My expected ship date is April 7. AAAAHHHH...the anticipation!

kjm, Werner apologized for not sending me the invoice sooner and explained that they have been swamped with orders. I think the LE Caiso really has them struggling to keep up. I would reach out to him again. I'm sure he'll be in touch soon.

#10 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2016 - 20:40

I placed an order for a Conid Minimalistica+ demonstrator on  January 10, 2016 and have still not received word on shipping. I  place in order for the new Caiso  on February 10, 2016. I have previously ordered two pens from Conid and if memory serves it took about two and half weeks to receive the pens. The last information I received from Werner was February 16, 2016. I have emailed him twice with no response. Previously he said that he would ship the first-order by itself at their cost if it look like it would be a longer wait for the Caiso.  In his email on Feb.16 (last email) he said that "Your lucky number is  DCB DB FT -TIC  13-60".  I have sent emails on February 27, 2016 and again on March 6, 2016 with no reply to either one.  This not like Werner and I am concerned that something is wrong.

Hi kjm,

Conid is actually being overloaded with orders, but be assured for pen is in the pipeline.

Note that Werner also runs a 50 workers successful  machine design & building company, Komec, which takes most of his time.

So please be patient , i'm sure Werner will contact you shortly

Best regards,

Francis

FYI ,This is the site of Conid's "Mother company" Komec :   http://www.komec.be

#11 sarahfar

sarahfar

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 14:28

top notch people, great product. 

#12 kjm

kjm

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:35

I received an email this morning from Werner letting me know that the Conid Minimalistica+ demonstrator I order on  January 10, 2016 was being shipped today.  He also said he would send a picture and shipping information. 

As to the Caiso, he said they were finishing final testing on the feed and would be back to me after the weekend.

#13 Portia of Belmont

Portia of Belmont

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 18:16

Huzzah! I too received an email that mine has shipped. So excited!

#14 kjm

kjm

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 April 2016 - 15:12

I received my Conid Minimalistica+ demonstrator last week ordered 1/10.  So they clearly have a significant backlog.  I also have the new Caiso on order.  I will look for an update on that one next week.

However, I must say what they lack in customer communications they make-up for in the quality of their products.  My new Conid Minimalistica+ demonstrator is a great pen and is my third pen from Conid.  The Caiso will be my fourth pen once I receive it.  So my advice to a purchaser be patient, very patient and my advice to Conid is more communication.

#15 Sallent

Sallent

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2016 - 23:18

I ordered one on Sunday and got an email on Monday (today) basically letting me know there would be a bit of a wait. Whatever, good things are worth waiting for. Luckily I have a Pilot Custom 823 that just arrived to help ease the wait time.

Edited by Sallent, 18 April 2016 - 23:18.

Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.

#16 sarahfar

sarahfar

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,008 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:56

You will be pleased, they are great people making a great product....

#17 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 23:17

Are people still experiencing a 3 month wait time or has Conid caught up on orders?

#18 ChrisA

ChrisA

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2017 - 20:11

Hi,
does anybody know how long the holidays are in Belgium?
I placed my order for a minimalistica+ demonstrator at 27.12.2016 and sent an mail at the 3.1.17 but still no response...
Patience, I know...

Regards,
Chris

(Sorry, english is not my first language...)

#19 tartuffo

tartuffo

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 22:36

Hi,
does anybody know how long the holidays are in Belgium?
I placed my order for a minimalistica+ demonstrator at 27.12.2016 and sent an mail at the 3.1.17 but still no response...
Patience, I know...

Regards,
Chris

(Sorry, english is not my first language...)

Did you pre pay ?  If so , you'll hear from them soon.  I ordered on the 24th and got an invoice a few days ago saying it would ship at the earliest January 20th. 

#20 ChrisA

ChrisA

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:36

Thanks for your answer!
I did not pay because I asked for a engraving on the clip and don't know how much that will be...
So I'm still waiting for an invoice.

Sponsored Content

|