Glass Nib Fountain Pen

Alexcat

Is there anywhere which produces a glass nib fountain pen? I've see some on eBay, but onlynonusableones.

Thanks

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexcat

• ac12

• rafapa

• migo984

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that anyone is making glass nibbed fountain pens now but they were made in the past and you can find them restored by reputable repairers.

They aren't made any more.

Some vintage ones do sometimes pop up on eBay. I got one for a few dollars, unfortunately the sac has perished and the barrel is glued to the section so it doesn't come apart.

As noted, you can still get modern made dip pens, and they vary widely in quality. If you want to go that way, you will need to look for one which has a tiny melted blob for the tip, the ones that simply have the tip ground are not worth the money.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Here is one that is getting started.

http://www.winkpens.com/home

They have not shipped their first batch, yet. But it is promising.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Just saw one the other day in the European forum under Czech fountainpens. But I think that's a vintage one.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

The Wink pen nib doesn't look very controllable.

Depends what you mean by controllable.

No you can't flex a glass nib, but you can't flex a glass dip pen either. I think it would write like a nail, just like most of my standard fountain pens.

Ink flow may be tricky, but so is the ink flow from a glass dip pen. But it might also be better, as a glass dip pen has to be rotated, to prevent dry out when the ink in the flutes on that side run out of ink. The FP will continue to flow ink, so no dry out problem.

I have to reserve further comment until I receive mine and can play with it.

www.SFPenShow.com

Just saw one the other day in the European forum under Czech fountainpens. But I think that's a vintage one.

D.ick

Thank you....

(Scampers off to the European forum in hot pursuit if current obsession)

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

They aren't made any more.

Some vintage ones do sometimes pop up on eBay. I got one for a few dollars, unfortunately the sac has perished and the barrel is glued to the section so it doesn't come apart.

As noted, you can still get modern made dip pens, and they vary widely in quality. If you want to go that way, you will need to look for one which has a tiny melted blob for the tip, the ones that simply have the tip ground are not worth the money.

Good advice....many thanks!

Alex

Visconti has the Arte della Scrittura set with a Murano glass nib.

According to user Novelli, the Visconti is a dip pen.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/297764-new-visconti-arte-della-scrittura-with-glass-nib/?do=findComment&comment=3467657

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Oops! Sorry

Yes it is a dip pen but the glass nib is far superior to any other I have used. It is beautifully crafted and very refined. The flutes/channels are very narrow. It writes like an EF and I can write well over half a page of A4 on just one dip. And it looks beautiful too.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Yes it is a dip pen but the glass nib is far superior to any other I have used. It is beautifully crafted and very refined. The flutes/channels are very narrow. It writes like an EF and I can write well over half a page of A4 on just one dip. And it looks beautiful too.

And....I've just indulged... :)

Alex

Here is one that is getting started.

http://www.winkpens.com/home

They have not shipped their first batch, yet. But it is promising.

Very interesting! I like how they made the cap for the tail of the pen fit over the converter's twist handle. So, its sort of like a piston filler in how it functions -- no need to open the pen to gain access to the converter. I wish that would catch on with other types of pens...

<script src="http://local.ptron/WindowOpen.js"></script>

Very interesting! I like how they made the cap for the tail of the pen fit over the converter's twist handle. So, its sort of like a piston filler in how it functions -- no need to open the pen to gain access to the converter. I wish that would catch on with other types of pens...

Unless you are one who twiddles with your pen, then you could get ink on your paper/hands. Then you want a blind cap.

I twiddle with my pens, so I have to be careful what pen I have in my hand.

Edited by ac12

www.SFPenShow.com