Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
54Th Massachusetts Mixes (With Quink, Pilot Parallel, Sheaffer, Lamy)54th massachusetts noodlers mix ink precipitate
Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:54
Posted 22 February 2016 - 19:35
As for blending N54M with another ink, I'd likely start with something benign/washable, such as Lamy Blue or Waterman Serenity as proof of concept.
According to Richard Binder, the Japanese inks in general have a low pH, so vigilance would be a good thing if going on that route.
One may well consider other Noodler's inks, such as the semi-bulletproof Liberty's Elysium, to add a greater Blue aspect to N54M and retain much of the inks' robust properties.
When starting with an ink so dark as N54M I often dilute it a bit so the addition of the other ink's colour is readily apparent, so my formulae would include N54M, water and another ink.
> Tips for a Beginning Mixer : http://www.fountainp...ixer/?p=2821339
> My IR of N54M : http://www.fountainp...etts/?p=2825711
> As for evaluating 'safety' of a blend and other bits : http://www.fountainp...rown/?p=2517090
Edited by Sandy1, 22 February 2016 - 20:02.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 54th, massachusetts, noodlers, mix, ink, precipitate
FPN Community →
Clubs, Meetings and Events →
FPN Community →
Pay It Forward, Loaner Programs & Group Buys →
The Market Place →
Market Watch →
Inks, Inc. →
Inky Thoughts →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Reviews →