The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Has Anyone Reviewed Jinhao Fountain Pens?

jinhao fountain pen ink beauty china

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 danielnewman1977

danielnewman1977

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:38

Hi,

Has anyone reviewed Jinhao/Xinhao fountain pens?  I have seen what appear to be some absolutely stunning examples recently.  They're very cheap too (to my mind too cheap).  Is this a brand to watch or to avoid?

Danny

Sponsored Content

#2 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Education is important...But fountain pens are importanter

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:24

Hi Danny
Welcome.
If you go to the Chinese pen forum you'll find enough information, pics, reviews and discussion on Jinhao pens to keep you going for months.

Enjoy

Ian

It’s a well kent fact that Scotland (The Land Of The Rising Water) has the most beautiful, picturesque, colourful, history laden landscape in the world.

It’s just a shame that you can only look at it through a rain soaked car window.

Every cloud though,  If there was no rain, there’d be no RAINBOWS.

My top tip:-

If you are walking the dog through mountain bike country.....don't wear headphones.

#3 linearM

linearM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:59

Check out the fountain pen review forum, go to the index, click on J and you will see all sorts of models of Jinhao pens.  Or click this link: http://www.fountainp...ndex/?p=1742335

#4 drjmb

drjmb

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2016 - 15:27

Plenty of opinion on Jinhaos in here - you'll find it. I have and have used the x450, the x750, the #159, and the #8812. The 8812 worked it's way into my daily writer rotation. The #159 is truly good with a decent nib. Heck, they're all good and great value, but the trade-off is inconsistency. I bought four x450s and the first was such a good, wet writer, that I dedicated an ink to it's use. Others were OK but not special.

#5 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 19:42

As others have said. They vary from perfect out of the box to pretty nice after some adjustment to unusable. But if you flush them properly before you introduce them to ink, the odds are toward the perfect end. At the price, that seems like a very fair deal to me.

So yes, I have a few and use them regularly.

ron

#6 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2016 - 19:57

Also search Chinese Pens Show and Tell.  Plenty of snaps & info!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jinhao, fountain pen, ink, beauty, china

Sponsored Content

|