The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

German Tintenkuli Rotring?

german rotring stylograph tintenkuli

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Someguy1_8t

Someguy1_8t

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:28

Hello,
I'm am new to this forum.
I bought a Tintenkuli and would like some information on it. I have read a post from this website about the history of the pen, but would like to find some instructions. So far I have seen some pictures of the original instructions on eBay but they are in German. I am sure it is a piston driven pen becaus there is a twist knob at the end of the pen. How does that work? Where the ink go in through? The tip or just behind the tip?
Any info would help. Please point me in the rite direction.
I would appreciate it.
Thank you

Sponsored Content

#2 scratchofapen

scratchofapen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2016 - 13:02

The ink goes in just behind the cone that holds the writing tube. Bythe way, you can screw it out like a FP's nibunit for cleaning. In principle there is a thin wire inside the tube for supporting the cappilar effect for the inkflow toward the tip of the inktube. They write with no pressure when in good conition- in fact pressure can easily destroy the tube. You can fill it up like any pistonfiller.

There is a picture of the instruction sheet in more than one language in this old ebay auction
http://www.ebay.ie/i...e-/181315233361

Edited by scratchofapen, 21 February 2016 - 13:17.

#3 Someguy1_8t

Someguy1_8t

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 February 2016 - 18:17

Scratchofapen, thank you.
That explains a lot. I wasn't dipping the pen in enough to get ink in it, since it pulls behind the cone, not the tip.
Thanks again

#4 diaskeith

diaskeith

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2017 - 13:37

Hi there,

I am looking to purchase a Tintenkuli- remake in 1998 by Visconti the limited edition. Does any one have an idea where I would get one. Appreciate your reply-  Keith

#5 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 13:55

Stylographic pens were the forerunners of fountain pens, available at least in the 1870's.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#6 diaskeith

diaskeith

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 20:05

Hello Ancient Artifact,

I owned a Tintekuli (Tiku) - but lost it. Therefore intend to buy one. Do you suggest a place that I can buy a Tintenkuli.I heard there was a remake by Visconti in 1998 limited edition.

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: german, rotring, stylograph, tintenkuli

Sponsored Content

|