Brandy Dazzle - Diamine

visvamitra

Some time ago Diamine felt the urge to follow example of J. Herbin and they offered a line of Shimmering inks. Personally I dislike shimmering inks. I strongly dislike inks with particles. I didn't expect to like this line. A friend of mine bought full line and sent me the whole bottles to review. I've tried them all. I don't like them but I'll review them. Maybe you'll like them more than me?

After strong punch from Diamine that offered ten colors I wonder with what 1670 ink J. Herbin will come this year?

Anyway there's ten inks in the line:

1. Blue Lightning
  2. Blue Pearl
  3. Brandy Dazzle
  4. Golden Sands
  5. Magical Forest
  6. Night Sky
  7. Purple Pazzazz
  8. Red Luster
  9. Shimmering Seas
  10. Sparkling Shadows

fpn_1455912638__brandydazzle_botltlr.jpg

Brandy Dazzle could be nice color if it didn't contain golden particles. I find them irritating. Sorry. Also the flow of this ink is average at best. The feed needs time to catch up after writing few sentences. In this one the shimmer is rather understated.

fpn_1455914902__brandydazzle_diamine_is.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1455915869__brandydazzle_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1455915028__brandydazzle_leuchtturm_

Tomoe River, Kaweco Sport Classic, B

fpn_1455914943__brandydazzle_diamine_tom

fpn_1455914954__brandydazzle_diamine_tom

fpn_1455914963__brandydazzle_diamine_tom

Leuchtturm 1917, Kaweco Sport Classic, B

fpn_1455915044__brandydazzle_leuchtturm_

fpn_1455915011__brandydazzle_leuchtturm_

fpn_1455915020__brandydazzle_leuchtturm_

fpn_1455915035__brandydazzle_leuchtturm_

Oxford, Hero 5028, stub 1,9

fpn_1455914974__brandydazzle_diamine_ox.

fpn_1455914986__brandydazzle_diamine_ox2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• migo984

• Jamerelbe

• The Good Captain

• visvamitra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. Has potential without the razzle dazzle. Thanks for the review.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I bought this for the glitter - don't ask me why! - but I like the colour too. It's a little bit lighter than Diamine Ancient Copper, but a similar kind of reddish brown.

I've actually found this ink to be *quite* glittery, though - using a Retro 1951 with a fire hose-like B nib. And I've been pretty happy with the result. Not great as an everyday ink - and yes, the glitter will affect ink flow, to a greater or lesser degree depending on the pen - but as a 'novelty' ink, I'm pretty happy with this one!

This would be a terrific ink without the glitter.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

This would be a terrific ink without the glitter.

I'd like to see it (unshaken) compared to Diamine Terracotta.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I have to agree with you that inks with gold particles are irritating. Some time ago I have bought J. Herbin Anniversary Collection blue and it could be quite a ince ink if it hasn't got these small rubbish inside ;) .

Thanks for the review and best greetings :) .

I'd like to see it (unshaken) compared to Diamine Terracotta.

Haven't got Terracotta, so sorry I can't oblige - it *is* normally a bit lighter (a bit more orange?) than Diamine Ancient Copper. In the sample above, I was using a much wetter pen for the Brandy Dazzle than for Ancient Copper (and lighting wasn't perfect), so the two looked a little more similar than is actually the case. They are *pretty* close - but not *that* close...

The color is nice but I can live without the glitter.

Another gimmick. With the potential of doing a number on your fountain pen

If I want gold I'll find an old man in Tampico and find a gold mine

I don't need no stinkin' glitter in my ink or in my pen

Well; here's Terracotta,

fpn_1414489215__diamine_150th_terracotta

and here's Brandy Dazzle.

fpn_1440604139__diamine_brandy_dazzle.jp

Both done on Rhodia paper 80gsm.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Well; here's Terracotta,

fpn_1414489215__diamine_150th_terracotta

and here's Brandy Dazzle.

fpn_1440604139__diamine_brandy_dazzle.jp

Both done on Rhodia paper 80gsm.

Thank you. Close enough that I can use Terracotta (or its doppelgänger, Pelikan Brilliant Brown) and so avoid the need to filter out the unwanted glitz.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Well; here's Terracotta,

Dear GoodCaptain... I hope you don't mind me posting your AWESOME comparison on the Doppeganger thread.. :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,