The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan 140 Review

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 19:02

After 9 days of waiting it finally arrived the Pelikan 140 with an EF 14 Karat Nib. After much harrasment from my family for buying another fountain pen I finally brought it upstairs and inked it up with PR Black Magic Blue ink. This was my first piston filler fp and I have to say this is incredible! Faster filling than a convertor plus it holds 4x or more ink than my convertor pens. A fast smooth filling pen.

Now for the writing: It writes extremely well! There is moderate amount of flex going from about a EF to a Medium/Broad with very little pressure. It glides across the paper and is just a beautiful pen in general. I now fully understand why pelikan has had such support of their products. This pen looks really small but capped it fits perfectly in my hand. The ebay pics matched up with this pen it was picture perfect!

Pelikan pens are truly great pens and this is just another example of a fine pen, a very conservative yet beautiful pen that writes better than any pen I have used. It will take some time until I can fully yield this pen to be used the best after I get to know it better I will be certainly able to create beautiful scripts.

Great pen (Pel 140), Great price (41 USD w/out shipping), Great Expierence.
Tim
Music Pen Guy

Posted Image :lol: :D :)
Tim: The Music Pen Guy
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

Sponsored Content

#2 KCat

KCat

Honorary Administrator

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,638 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2005 - 21:18

so glad this purchase turned out well and that you're enjoying it. They are lovely pens. Look forward to some scans of your handwriting, too!

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

#3 ushat

ushat

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 21:26

That's a handsome pen and you're obviously very pleased with it. That's the best arrangement. Great when it happens.
Gordon

#4 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2005 - 22:12

Congratulations, Tim!

Glad it worked out so well. Just like KCat, I am looking forward to some scans of your writing!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#5 Leslie J.

Leslie J.

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2005 - 22:46

Excellent!!! I'm so happy it turned out so well. :D Great pen, great price. Let see some writing samples.
Never lie to your dog.

#6 Roger

Roger

FILCAO's Columbia. Photo:www.tryphon.it

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 22:47

Very good looking pen, Tim. :) All the best with it.

I'd like to see its and your writing with it, but I'm reluctant to ask as my hand is so bad. Easily legible, but it just looks like a guy's hand. ;) I realize that sex has nothing to do with the attractiveness of one's hand, but I grasp at any excuse :lol:

Hey, Wim has a new avatar up! :rolleyes:
Roger
Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

#7 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:41

Congrats on your new Pel! Thanks for sharing with us.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#8 smudgy

smudgy

Expert Lurker

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:38

Glad it worked out! I could be wrong, but I would think that price qualifies you for a Sumgai? (I've seen much higher prices for these!)
Vanessa

#9 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:11

Hi,

Nice pen, that really qualifies you as a sumgai. That price is only fitting for the M100 series steel nibs.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#10 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 14:41

HELP!!!!: The pen works great for about two pages then it completly stops writing! The feed is well set and I can't find any problems with it, it just runs out of ink with ink still in the barrel. Are vintage pelikan pens capable of removing the nib??? It just stops dead in its tracks. please any suggestions? :bonk: :(
Thanks
Tim
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

#11 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 16:19

Hi,

Soak the nib (If possible) in water overnight, then clean the pen carefully. A good ultrasound might help.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#12 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 20:44

I am happy to report that after two nights of soaking that the fp is working great with absolutly NO flow problems whatsoever! I have done a written review but my scanner is not cooperating so once that gets up I'll post it up.
Tim
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

#13 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 20:56

Hi,

Congratulations.

Dillon

Dillon

#14 Gerry

Gerry

Lake Louise

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 5,170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2005 - 21:08

I am happy to report that after two nights of soaking that the fp is working great with absolutly NO flow problems whatsoever!  I have done a written review but my scanner is not cooperating so once that gets up I'll post it up. 
Tim

Tim, you should probably give a few hints to that chap over in Repair who is having some problems with flow with his Pel too... I forget what his name... B)

http://www.fountainp...indpost&p=26454

Gerry

Sponsored Content

|