The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Metropolitan Vs Mr Confusion

pilot metroplitan mr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mendy

Mendy

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2016 - 19:24

I have been surfing the internet regarding the Pilot Metropolitan. I understand that the Metropolitan use proprietary cartridges and converters. Additional surfing mentioned that the MR takes international converter and cartridges. Amazon has an MR animal at a very reasonable price including a converter and 1 cartridge. However the description mentions that the pen takes a Pilot or Namiki cartridge. I have quite a few international cartridges and would prefer the pen accept the international cartridges. I was wondering if the description may be incorrect or if Pilot makes the MR for their own cartridges?

Sponsored Content

#2 Bounce792

Bounce792

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2016 - 20:56

Metropolitan - Japanese propietary

MR - European Int'l standards

Without a link, all I can think is that the seller is wrong.

round-letter-exc.png

#3 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:58

if your buying from european countries your chances of getting an MR/Urban are high (and ironically are actually more expensive)
if your buying in Japan and or America your chances of getting a Cocoon/Metropolitan are high

Edited by Algester, 15 February 2016 - 02:59.

#4 Maurizio

Maurizio

Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:18

No, a Pilot won't accept the international cartridges. If you like the pen and the price, and it comes with a converter, what's the problem? You'll be able to use your other carts eventually in another pen.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace

Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, metroplitan, mr

Sponsored Content

|