The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Upcoming Pelikan Special Edition M120 Green-Black

pelikan m120

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fritz Schimpf

Fritz Schimpf

Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:04

Pelikan will be releasing in March 2016 a new fountain pen: the Pelikan Special Edition M120 Green-Black. Inspired by the M120 from the mid 1950s, It comes with a steel nib with a special engraving. We are offering this model for pre-order with a 20% discount on the recommended retail price of € 170.-. 

Further information (only in German sorry) and pictures can be found here: http://www.fritz-schimpf.de/Schreibgeraete/Fuellhalter/Pelikan-Special-Edition-M120-Gruen-Schwarz-Kolbenfuellhalter.html

Please note that the prices in our webshop include the German VAT of 19% which is not applicable to shipments outside the EU. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:12

It will be interesting to see how the sales of the 120 3rd version go. The pen has precipitated three topic discussions here in FPN that have been generally negative on the price-point and the idea, given its original utilitarian school pen purpose in version 1, with slight refinements for a broader adult market in version 2.

#3 RobertJWarren

RobertJWarren

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 14:29

Agree with Dickkooty2.  The 120 I bought new in 1979 was a workhorse pen that I banged around but it always worked and wrote fine.  Dont get me wrong, I adore Pelikan pens, and I am sure this 120 version will be a great pen, but a price point below $100 is much more reasonable.  I dont want to think about what may be next...... a Limited Edition Pelikano? 

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

#4 Biber

Biber

...but that was another lifetime

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 14:58

But it has fancy engraving* on the nib! Surely that's worth paying extra for.

*seems odd that they would admit that the inspiration came from an 1889 price list of all things.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m120

Sponsored Content

|