The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Collections

montblanc writers limited

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 sunnerd

sunnerd

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:21

My 2c... For WE, I rate the Imperial Dragon as #1, next Christie, Proust, Wilde and Hemmingway. 

For the newer ones I like the Tolstoy too. It will appreciate in a few years, as is the Mann. 

Definitely won't touch Dickens, Kafka (cartridge???) and I don't like Shaw, Poe and Fitzgerald.

PoA - lucky for me to get the #88/4810 of Morgan, no money to buy others unfortunately but I would like an Octavian if the price is right. Had the Medici for a week but it does nothing to me. 

Best regards, Kai
Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.
Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).
Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...
Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Sponsored Content

#22 Andrej

Andrej

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:49

My 2c... For WE, I rate the Imperial Dragon as #1, next Christie, Proust, Wilde and Hemmingway. 

For the newer ones I like the Tolstoy too. It will appreciate in a few years, as is the Mann. 

Definitely won't touch Dickens, Kafka (cartridge???) and I don't like Shaw, Poe and Fitzgerald.

PoA - lucky for me to get the #88/4810 of Morgan, no money to buy others unfortunately but I would like an Octavian if the price is right. Had the Medici for a week but it does nothing to me. 

I guess I'm getting the tolstoy :D Oh and yeah for Poa I know Medici is very popular but for me its not so special

#23 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:43

I don't think Imperial Dragon is considered a WE. It think i was it's own thing for 2000, similar to the Qing dynasty in 2002.

Kafka is a captured converter. The worst of both worlds since the capacity is lower, it rattles a bit and if it starts to leak you cannot replace it yourself. It is still a special pen for me though as i like the nib and it is a 2004, the year my daughter was born. It was a father's day gift for me.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, writers, limited

Sponsored Content

|