If You Love Journaling

ibrahim

Some of you here love journaling. So do I. What is the biggest journal out there that has very high quality? Rhodia web notebooks? They don't still seem big enough for me. I want bigger. Also, a spiral journal blank... do you have any recommendations for these?

Ibrahim

"I am human, and I think nothing human is alien to me." Terence

I share the humanity of people, I’m like the rest of everybody and certainly I’m not better or higher than anybody in anything, regardless of what they believe in or don’t believe in. What they experience is certainly not alien to me. I’m part of all people and they are part of me, interbeing, that is.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KKay

• ibrahim

• RPB

• tartuffo

Top Posters In This Topic

Not spiral bound, but I really like the Miquelrius leather look journals. The paper, while not to the quality level of Rhodia, is relatively FP friendly, and they come as large as 300 pages.

When I first started journaling I went for "pretty" journals. Now, I look for practical. So last year, after having tried one of their 200 page ones, I realized that i liked them -- and ordered 6 of the 300 page ones in the A5 size directly from the Miquelrius USA website (of which I'm now on the 2nd, having finished the first 300 page one).

The only thing I *don't* like about them is that I had trouble finding unlined pages (they come with lined pages or graph paper).

Usual disclaimers apply: just a happy customer.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Are you looking for bigger as in more pages or bigger pages?

If bigger pages, there are a number that have A4 size pages. Black n Red among others. In hardbound it is 192 pages.

I think Leuchtturm has a A4 book as well. (I use their A5 and it has 249 pages)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Ruth, thank you for your input on Miquelruis. What you say makes me motivated to buy one soon, lined. I like the fact that they can come in 300 pages. I am delighted you do journaling. That is excellent. I need to get more dedicated about that myself.

Runnin, I like journals when they can have bigger number of pages, something like 300 pages and still high quality and a pleasure to write in. Thanks a lot about your input about Leuchtturm. Actually I am getting ready to use a big one I got from Amazon.com

I share the humanity of people, I’m like the rest of everybody and certainly I’m not better or higher than anybody in anything, regardless of what they believe in or don’t believe in. What they experience is certainly not alien to me. I’m part of all people and they are part of me, interbeing, that is.

Hi, Ibrahim.

Leucchturm does have a5 notebooks that offer about 300 pages, with a top quality paper. Not as glossy as Rhodia (this is a good news in my eyes.)

Could you kindly consider using a smaller font size? because this looks like you are shouting at us

Thanks!

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Ibrahim, I can never see requests for information about journals without recommending Nanami Paper's Seven Seas journals: It has 240 leaves, so 480 pages, of A5 Tomoe River paper, so no bleedthrough and you can write on both sides. It's threadbound, very, very durable, They are indeed high-quality and a pleasure to write in, and I can't praise them highly enough.

They are also often sold out out, but keep your eye on the website, and get some when they come back in stock: http://www.nanamipaper.com/categories/seven-seas-tomoe-river-paper.html

My favorites are Clairefontaine. Their paper is still made in France. Most other brands are made in China. You can order up to100 sheets but there's no bleed through which allows you to write on both sides of a page. I use the spiral wire bound models with French ruling (Séyès) 21 x 29.7 cm. This is the best fountain pen paper I have ever used.

Could you kindly consider using a smaller font size? because this looks like you are shouting at us

Thanks!

Thank you so much. I never saw it that way. I just want it bigger font for better visibility.

Ibrahim, I can never see requests for information about journals without recommending Nanami Paper's Seven Seas journals: It has 240 leaves, so 480 pages, of A5 Tomoe River paper, so no bleedthrough and you can write on both sides. It's threadbound, very, very durable, They are indeed high-quality and a pleasure to write in, and I can't praise them highly enough.

They are also often sold out out, but keep your eye on the website, and get some when they come back in stock: http://www.nanamipaper.com/categories/seven-seas-tomoe-river-paper.html

Tamoe River paper is to die for. Just glorious to write on. That being said, the Seven Seas journals are way too pricy for me, compared to the Miquelrius journals :( Even at 480 pages.

Hmmm. Maybe I can drop hints next fall for my birthday (the husband has flat out said he will never buy me a pen because he doesn't know what to get -- but I can always use more paper... :rolleyes:).

Mind you, I also use cheap composition books for other writing.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

+1. I got one of these a couple of months ago and love it. Lots of pages, but not so thick that it's hard to write near the bottom of the page - and of course wonderful paper.

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

I've had great experiences with the inexpensive Black n' Red notebooks. You can get them for about $7-8 USD on Amazon and they have admirably handled every pen and ink that I've used on them.

If I had money to burn and wanted a journal it would be Design Y all the way ...

LP record is 600 Tomoe River pages and the EP record is 480

http://i.imgur.com/OuDsSLb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oOvJZPn.jpg

Seven Seas journals from Nanami Paper have wabi-sabi. You won't find that in many other journals.

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

Rhodia makes a nice A4 journal that is the bigger brother to the webbie. Unfortunately, they are impossible to find in the US. After I used the last one I bought when living in Japan, I ordered a stack of 5 new ones from Australia. I got free shipping to the U.S., and the price was at a discount for the volume buy. It's my go-to book for journaling!

Buzz

I was all set to get a Seven Seas journal. I had it in my cart. Then before I could check out, they sold out. :huh:

Edited by KKay

I was all set to get a Seven Seas journal. I had it in my cart. Then before I could check out, they sold out. :huh:

Hello Kay,

I checked with them this past week and I got this reply from them, from Dave:

Yes, the SS crossfield is available now...actually I replenish inventory daily, so it may not be there the exact hour you try to order, but if you check back it will eventually be there.

You can email him at dave@nanamipaper.com

My favorites are Clairefontaine. Their paper is still made in France. Most other brands are made in China ...

+1 for Clairefontaine. I use their 1951 series A5 books ... 192 pages of very fountain pen-friendly 90g paper.

Andy sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled ...

(With apologies to Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson)