The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration - Second Batch

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#81 pensinpictures

pensinpictures

Wandering Aimlessly with Intent

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:18

That is gorgeous.  Hopefully the mail won't be early tomorrow, if it is too early i'll get mine for sure on Tuesday.

It looks even better in person with proper white balance.  Get excited!

Sponsored Content

#82 BlueBirdPen

BlueBirdPen

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:50

Yes, you can, just associate it with your previous order.

We only have a very limited number of extra nibs, however.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Hi Wim:

Not sure how to associate with my previous order and order an extra nib.   Please help.

Thanks

#83 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2016 - 20:13

It looks even better in person with proper white balance.  Get excited!

Beat the mailman home.  Now to attempt to sit still until it shows up.

#84 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2016 - 20:39

Beat the mailman home.  Now to attempt to sit still until it shows up.

So that was quick.  This thing is glorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't know it was metallic/sparkly.

It's going to take a day or two until i am able to put it down probably.  

First fill up after cleaning and playing around with some water, Iroshizuko Syo-ro.

Edit:  The nib is superb.  Wlm did a fantastic job with it.

Edited by mauckcg, 12 December 2016 - 20:45.

#85 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 20:41

Mine arrived at my post office this morning but still doesn't show out for delivery. I'm not sure if it'll make it today or not, but if not I won't see it for a few weeks since we're moving first thing in the morning.

#86 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2016 - 20:53

Mine arrived at my post office this morning but still doesn't show out for delivery. I'm not sure if it'll make it today or not, but if not I won't see it for a few weeks since we're moving first thing in the morning.

Mine never showed as out for delivery.  It showed as received by the post office.

#87 pensinpictures

pensinpictures

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2016 - 16:51

So that was quick.  This thing is glorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't know it was metallic/sparkly.

First fill up after cleaning and playing around with some water, Iroshizuko Syo-ro.

This may sound horrible, but I'm trying to let my CAISO run out of ink first before inking this sucker up.  They hold so much ink, I feel like I need to drain it first.  I'm so insanely excited to play with the gold F/XF dual-side nib.

#88 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,660 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 17:14

I won't get to ink mine up for a couple weeks but I was able to use the last of the ink that was in the pen and it works well. I actually really like the ink that was in the pen but I can't tell what it was

#89 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2016 - 18:06

This may sound horrible, but I'm trying to let my CAISO run out of ink first before inking this sucker up.  They hold so much ink, I feel like I need to drain it first.  I'm so insanely excited to play with the gold F/XF dual-side nib.

Give in to the temptation...  :P

#90 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2016 - 18:07

I won't get to ink mine up for a couple weeks but I was able to use the last of the ink that was in the pen and it works well. I actually really like the ink that was in the pen but I can't tell what it was

The email i got said Waterman Blue Black was used for a last dip test before it was shipped.

#91 pensinpictures

pensinpictures

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2016 - 19:40

The email i got said Waterman Blue Black was used for a last dip test before it was shipped.

Mine did as well, so I'd go with that.

#92 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,660 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 21:51

I should have read be email more closely. Thanks

#93 DrHumongous

DrHumongous

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 00:07

This pen is very temptingly beautiful. Would this nib be well suited to adding any flex to?

#94 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 20:46

This pen is very temptingly beautiful. Would this nib be well suited to adding any flex to?

I have created two so far with this nib, and I personally do not recommend it.

The nib is very springy to start with, and adding flex (and making it as narrow as required for e.g. Spencerian script), make it very vulnerable. I'd suggest getting an additional, titanium nib instead, via CONID, and have that made narrower instead. That will likely work out cheaper than adding flex to the gold nib as well. The titanium nib can easily flex to 1.2 mm or more, and with some extra work even up to 1.7 mm - I have created a few from #6 nibs, flexing from 0.15 mm to 1.7 mm. The #8 nibs should be capable of flexing more, I would assume.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#95 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 20:48

Hi Wim:

Not sure how to associate with my previous order and order an extra nib.   Please help.

Thanks

I'll give it a go this weekend, I'll let you know via PM or email.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#96 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 20:49

Thank you!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#97 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 20:52

:D

I like to do a final test before shipping a pen out, this to combat any pen/nib hand memory :).

Generally I modify a nib, go back to it a few days later for a last check ;), and when packaging do a final check and test :).

To standardize, I always use Wm BB for testing, just that with that last and final check there is no time left to clean the pen anymore - blame my perfectionism ;).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#98 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2016 - 17:49

:D

I like to do a final test before shipping a pen out, this to combat any pen/nib hand memory :).

Generally I modify a nib, go back to it a few days later for a last check ;), and when packaging do a final check and test :).

To standardize, I always use Wm BB for testing, just that with that last and final check there is no time left to clean the pen anymore - blame my perfectionism ;).

Warm regards, Wim

It has worked out great.  The reverse writing is fine and dry enough for standard/cheap envelopes if your like me and forget a normal pen when shipping Christmas presents and cards.   :lol:

#99 beeth23

beeth23

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2017 - 22:11

So I don't have anything to add that's not been said in praise of the pen.... its stunning.  

I will say this - if you are on the fence, I would jump on it.  The material is quite awesome, but then you add the excellence of Conid pens and the brilliance of the nib work on this... its very very hard to pass this one up.  

Finally, if you are in the US, the Euro-$ conversion is quite favorable right now  :)

I don't want to sound like a commercial for the pen - but this is easily amongst the top 5 pens in my collection of 90.  

#100 venturi

venturi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 22:27

I was going to order pen, but usd says out of stock

Is the pen still available?

Sponsored Content

|