The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration - Second Batch

wimg

bushbunny, thank you for your considered response. I had more or less concluded that I would sit out this one until I read your further views, so now I am back on the horns of the dilemma again!

A bit more time will be needed on my part, considering I am trying to plan carefully a small number of pens which suit me (plus a gift for my son). I do not wish to make the new-enthusiast mistake of over-buying before I have more experience of pens different from my Waterman, while on the other hand I know this pen's availability will be limited. Patience will win for a few weeks yet, alas.

X

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Mulrich

• Out0Mind

• mauckcg

Top Posters In This Topic

OutOMind,

I got a 1.2 mm stub,in the regular position and a 0.6 mm stub on the reverse position. Both are as smooooooth as any you could ask for.

If, oops, WHEN, I get another nib/section unit I will go with Italics.

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

• 1 month later...

OutOMind,

I got a 1.2 mm stub,in the regular position and a 0.6 mm stub on the reverse position. Both are as smooooooth as any you could ask for.

If, oops, WHEN, I get another nib/section unit I will go with Italics.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks for the thought. I'm sort of regretting not getting a stub and am strongly considering your setup! I'm going to have to rethink this after the pen ships in the near-to-distant future.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks for the thought. I'm sort of regretting not getting a stub and am strongly considering your setup! I'm going to have to rethink this after the pen ships in the near-to-distant future.

You could actually still change it now if you like :) - just visit your order in your Client Area, and add this to your existing order. If you'd like to change your nib size, that is a possibility too.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

P.S.: We are about to order the new batch - waiting for CONID to return our call.

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

You could actually still change it now if you like :) - just visit your order in your Client Area, and add this to your existing order. If you'd like to change your nib size, that is a possibility too.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

P.S.: We are about to order the new batch - waiting for CONID to return our call.

This is all terriffic news! Wim, is there a way to change the custom grind? I noticed I can switch, in Client Area, to a Broad, but don't see an option to choose the grind option.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone asked about fitting this pen with Conid's CAISO system? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

It is NOT CAISO

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

You could probably reach out to Werner or Francis directly and talk to them about making a custom CAISO out of a similar material, but my understanding from a previous thread was that this material was a limited run and that they wouldn't be releasing it as a CAISO model. Wim might be able to confirm this for you, as well.

Edited by Out0Mind

I know it's not CAISO but could it be modified to be a CAISO?

I doubt that very much. Caiso innards are totally different and I doubt if you could just exchange feed and innards.

I vaguely recall Francis saying something about this somewhere. There were 2 older Topics on this pen.

So I suggest doing a search on CAISO in this Forum (NEWS)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thanks for the information. I remembered something about this coming up in discussion before but couldn't find it. I'll look again.

• 1 month later...

I have been seriously considering the (Demo) Conid Kingsize... Didn't realize until now there was an FPN LE version... in this gorgeous material. Now I'm in a super huge quandary!

• 2 weeks later...

beeth23,

Might I offer some information? Don't be in a quandary. I purchased the FPN LE Blue Pearl & I love it!

I got a 1.2mm stub in the regular position and a 0.6mm stub on the reverse side of the nib. It writes like a dream on both sides.

Nothing against the Conid Demonstrator it's just that the FPN LE is soooo awesome.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

beeth23,

Might I offer some information? Don't be in a quandary. I purchased the FPN LE Blue Pearl & I love it!

I got a 1.2mm stub in the regular position and a 0.6mm stub on the reverse side of the nib. It writes like a dream on both sides.

Nothing against the Conid Demonstrator it's just that the FPN LE is soooo awesome.

aggie

Can you share a picture of that nib? I've heard of that being done but haven't seen many examples.

Mulrich,

I'm sorry that right now I'm having problems with my computer and uploading pix. As soon as the situation is resolved I'll try to post one.

Perhaps someone can post a photo with a duopoint on the nib!

aggie

Then your up-keep.

wim, do you do custom grindings to order? The FPN pen may not have been for me, but the nibs certainly seem fascinating ;)

Too many pens; too little writing.

I also want to order but no reply from him via PM - does anyone know how to reach him?

You just have to be patient. Conid doesn't have a large staff and spend most of their time fulfilling orders. I think a typical wait time is a couple weeks (though sometimes much faster)

I also want to order but no reply from him via PM - does anyone know how to reach him?

You just have to be patient. Conid doesn't have a large staff and spend most of their time fulfilling orders. I think a typical wait time is a couple weeks (though sometimes much faster)