The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Fpn 2015 Le Blue Pearl Celebration - Second Batch

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 praxim

praxim

On twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:21

bushbunny, thank you for your considered response. I had more or less concluded that I would sit out this one until I read your further views, so now I am back on the horns of the dilemma again!

A bit more time will be needed on my part, considering I am trying to plan carefully a small number of pens which suit me (plus a gift for my son). I do not wish to make the new-enthusiast mistake of over-buying before I have more experience of pens different from my Waterman, while on the other hand I know this pen's availability will be limited. Patience will win for a few weeks yet, alas.

If you see anything unusual, just enjoy it while you can.

Sponsored Content

#22 mr2txaggie

mr2txaggie

AbbyRose

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:53

OutOMind,

I got a 1.2 mm stub,in the regular position and a 0.6 mm stub on the reverse position. Both are as smooooooth as any you could ask for.

If, oops, WHEN, I get another nib/section unit I will go with Italics.

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

#23 Out0Mind

Out0Mind

Wandering Aimlessly with Intent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 19:20

OutOMind,

I got a 1.2 mm stub,in the regular position and a 0.6 mm stub on the reverse position. Both are as smooooooth as any you could ask for.

If, oops, WHEN, I get another nib/section unit I will go with Italics.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks for the thought.  I'm sort of regretting not getting a stub and am strongly considering your setup!  I'm going to have to rethink this after the pen ships in the near-to-distant future.

#24 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:13

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks for the thought.  I'm sort of regretting not getting a stub and am strongly considering your setup!  I'm going to have to rethink this after the pen ships in the near-to-distant future.

You could actually still change it now if you like :) - just visit your order in your Client Area, and add this to your existing order. If you'd like to change your nib size, that is a possibility too.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

P.S.: We are about to order the new batch - waiting for CONID to return our call.

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#25 Out0Mind

Out0Mind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:22

You could actually still change it now if you like :) - just visit your order in your Client Area, and add this to your existing order. If you'd like to change your nib size, that is a possibility too.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

P.S.: We are about to order the new batch - waiting for CONID to return our call.

This is all terriffic news! Wim, is there a way to change the custom grind? I noticed I can switch, in Client Area, to a Broad, but don't see an option to choose the grind option.

#26 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 16:40

Has anyone asked about fitting this pen with Conid's CAISO system? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

#27 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,298 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2016 - 21:00

It is NOT CAISO

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#28 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:08

I know it's not CAISO but could it be modified to be a CAISO?

#29 Out0Mind

Out0Mind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:25

You could probably reach out to Werner or Francis directly and talk to them about making a custom CAISO out of a similar material, but my understanding from a previous thread was that this material was a limited run and that they wouldn't be releasing it as a CAISO model.  Wim might be able to confirm this for you, as well.

Edited by Out0Mind, 12 July 2016 - 07:25.

#30 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,298 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:33

I know it's not CAISO but could it be modified to be a CAISO?

I doubt that very much. Caiso innards are totally different and I doubt if you could just exchange feed and innards.

I vaguely recall Francis saying something about this somewhere. There were 2 older Topics on this pen.

So I suggest doing a search on CAISO in this Forum (NEWS)

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#31 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 13:36

Thanks for the information. I remembered something about this coming up in discussion before but couldn't find it. I'll look again. 

#32 beeth23

beeth23

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2016 - 20:43

I have been seriously considering the (Demo) Conid Kingsize... Didn't realize until now there was an FPN LE version... in this gorgeous material. Now I'm in a super huge quandary!

#33 Out0Mind

Out0Mind

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2016 - 16:39

Curious as to if there's been any development with production since June.  Excited for the examples to ship!

#34 mr2txaggie

mr2txaggie

AbbyRose

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2016 - 23:04

beeth23,

Might I offer some information? Don't be in a quandary. I purchased the FPN LE Blue Pearl & I love it!

I got a 1.2mm stub in the regular position and a 0.6mm stub on the reverse side of the nib. It writes like a dream on both sides.

Nothing against the Conid Demonstrator it's just that the FPN LE is soooo awesome.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

#35 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:04

beeth23,

Might I offer some information? Don't be in a quandary. I purchased the FPN LE Blue Pearl & I love it!

I got a 1.2mm stub in the regular position and a 0.6mm stub on the reverse side of the nib. It writes like a dream on both sides.

Nothing against the Conid Demonstrator it's just that the FPN LE is soooo awesome.

aggie

Can you share a picture of that nib? I've heard of that being done but haven't seen many examples.

#36 mr2txaggie

mr2txaggie

AbbyRose

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:29

Mulrich,

I'm sorry that right now I'm having problems with my computer and uploading pix. As soon as the situation is resolved I'll try to post one.

Perhaps someone can post a photo with a duopoint on the nib!

aggie

Then your up-keep.

#37 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 18:41

wim, do you do custom grindings to order? The FPN pen may not have been for me, but the nibs certainly seem fascinating ;)

Too many pens; too little writing.

#38 Axis

Axis

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:46

I also want to order but no reply from him via PM - does anyone know how to reach him?

#39 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:44

I also want to order but no reply from him via PM - does anyone know how to reach him?

You just have to be patient. Conid doesn't have a large staff and spend most of their time fulfilling orders. I think a typical wait time is a couple weeks (though sometimes much faster)

#40 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,016 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:44

You just have to be patient. Conid doesn't have a large staff and spend most of their time fulfilling orders. I think a typical wait time is a couple weeks (though sometimes much faster)

Sponsored Content

|