Dolcevita Oversize Eyedroppered

rogerico

Hi,

As I see that some people are afraid to use the Dolcevita Oversize as an eyedropper, here is my experience in that case.

I've always used my Dolcevita Oversize as an eyedropper. Infact, I've got it for that reason mainly. I've never had a problem using it like that. I must recognise that the barrel has become a bit darker, as you can see in the image, but for me that's alright. The second image was taken when the pen was just inked for the first time; the first image has been taken today, so you can see the difference. As I've said, it doesn't matter to me at all.

Edited by rogerico

Roger

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rogerico

• rohit1974

• FPscribe

• freeboy

Only in resale value. I like the pristine color of mine.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Ouch ! That section looks discoloured. I would certainly not eyedrppere it if it gets discoloured. Of course this is my opinion. To each his own

Ouch ! That section looks discoloured. I would certainly not eyedrppere it if it gets discoloured. Of course this is my opinion. To each his own

Of course, of course. To each his own. That's why I decided to open this post. I just use this Dolcevita as it is suposed to be used, because I need a pen with a great ink capacity, as I write for hours. This change of colour is for me a normal consequence of using the pen. But, as i said, anyone is free to...

Roger

In my experience the ED use of the pen is not responsible for discoloration, but !ight again the inside of the barrel. What you see on this pic is the ink inside the barrel darkenind the color because of the transparency quality of the said material (not clear, but let some light pass through, it's quite subtle actually). Discoloration might appear because exposure to light and life on general...

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Well, I must admit that I took that picture by night, under the yellow light of my lamp. In this link you can see a new picture taken today. I think the result is very different: http://www.relojes-especiales.com/foros/estilograficas/antes-y-despues-dolcevita-en-cuentagotas-393731/

Aha ! I see. So its the darkening of the barrel against light and not actual discolouration. Thanks for the clarification

my delta Oversized is a screw in cartridge design BUT caneasily be used .. has the rubber gasket etc...

Can I ask: is that the Federico version? Mine is due to arrive tomorrow and I noted the rubber o-ring in the product photography, but the end of the pen has a blind cap with metal threads. Is the metal plated to allow use as an ED? Are the rear metal threads covered with resin on the inside?

Can I ask: is that the Federico version? Mine is due to arrive tomorrow and I noted the rubber o-ring in the product photography, but the end of the pen has a blind cap with metal threads. Is the metal plated to allow use as an ED? Are the rear metal threads covered with resin on the inside?

You can't use the Federico in that fashion. The construction is such that the ink will leak into the blind cap.

You can't use the Federico in that fashion. The construction is such that the ink will leak into the blind cap.

Shame, that's what I thought. I wonder then if the product photograph I saw was simply from the standard non-Federico version. I can't think of any other reason to show an o-ring.

mine is the bassic over huge large oro and oro DV.. came with the screw in cartridge and a gasket.. to use the Fredericco like that you would need a simply mod to seal the butt end of the barrel against leaks.. think hot wax etc... anything semi permanent that wont dissolve in ink...