My Brother Bought A Fake Montblanc, Should I Just Throw It Away?

YonathanZ

Hi,

My brother was in China for work purposes, and as you know there are replicas for everything there. So he bought this "Montblanc Meisterstuck" fake that has a nib that says "IRIDIUM POINTER" (also a fake, of course, since these are made in Germany), and it came with this piston converter that just doesn't work. It simply won't rotate so I can't such ink into it.

Can I buy a converter that's intended for a real Meisterstuck and use with this fake?

Is there even a point to doing so?

Do you think a fake/generic fountain pen can do a decent job?

It does look nice, that's for sure.

Edited by YonathanZ

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YonathanZ

• meiers

• alexwong001

• fuchsiaprincess

It's probably a standard international size if it's from China. You can try any international cartridge or converter you may already have to confirm the size and performance of the pen before investing in it. While it's certainly not going to be up to MB standards, many cheap pens from China are quite decent. I'd try it out before ditching it.

An authentic Montblanc converter will definitely not fit a Chinese fake.

If you want to use it then you will need an international size converter. It won't ever be up to Montblanc standards as neither the nib nor the feed or anything like the authentic version, but you may at least be able to get it to write

Using fake ones shall neither give the feeling nor the joy of the original one !

I have one fake, I am just keeping it for the sake of demonstration and differentiation !

Chinese MB Simply Sucks !

Cheers - Amr S Laithy

Email: amrslaithy@gmail.com

Cairo Egypt

If it has a serial number, please post that too.

You don't know what you need until you realise you haven't got it.

• 2 weeks later...

If it has a serial number, please post that too.

Where would the serial number be located?

I'm attaching a photo of the ink converter that came with the pen. Is it a universal type?

http://s2.postimg.org/xbhe9rzvd/IMAG0010_1_1.jpg

Your cartridge converter could be international standard.

Let's see your pen. And a writing sample.

In answer to your question, I don't like fakery of any type.

At the same time, the idea of throwing a functioning pen away...

Edited by meiers

When my brother first gave it to me, the converter it came with actually worked, and I filled it up with Noodler's Black. The pen did not really work, though. I had to press really hard, to the point of bending the nib, for it to let any ink out.

When my brother first gave it to me, the converter it came with actually worked, and I filled it up with Noodler's Black. The pen did not really work, though. I had to press really hard, to the point of bending the nib, for it to let any ink out.

Garbage. :(

If it writes well, keep. If it even look at you weird, throw!

It didn't write the one time I was able to fill it up with ink. I don't think I want to spend another $7 on a converter just to find out if it still does not write. I mean, what are the odds that it was a converter issue at first?

It didn't write the one time I was able to fill it up with ink. I don't think I want to spend another $7 on a converter just to find out if it still does not write. I mean, what are the odds that it was a converter issue at first?

My two cents worth: Invest in a real fountain pen. There are lots to choose from right here in the classifieds or your local stationery.

My two cents worth: Invest in a real fountain pen. There are lots to choose from right here in the classifieds or your local stationery.

I've been using a Lamy Safari in the past year, and have a fancy-looking Pilot Metropolitan on its way.

The converter might be the only thing that works, the problem could be with the feed and nib. I picked up a fake MB in a batch of pens at an auction, I threw it away but kept the converter and used it in another pen; it worked absolutely fine.