Review Of Nuuna Blue Superstar L From Brandbook Germany

JohnSparegrave

hey there!

Here is a link to my Youtube video about the Nuuna notebook Superstar design. I still have to find a way to post pics here but I will, promise.

I really think it is quite FP friendly and though heavy and fairly expensive (around 27 euros here in France) it definitely is a nice support for a bullet journal type of thing!

https://youtu.be/ZENgYFsr7gw

Have yourself a very nice weekend!

john

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnSparegrave

• nibl

• Berghain54

Hej JohnSparegrave,

i happen to have a similar notebook from them here.

Brandbook is a nice company, with very understanding people who also take "special orders".

We ordered some exclusive made A5 notebooks from them some years ago, and just happened to reorder some last year.

The brandbook staff told us, that they now use only standardized "paper blocks" now - which in fact is the same paper as shown in your video.

But they offer quite a service when it comes to customizing those notebooks according to your needings.

Although it is Rhodia paper, the notebooks we have are not "very" fountainpen friendly - actually the paper is somewhat missing it's "satination" (the coat over the actual paper), leading to some feathering - on this end here at least.

Here is a picture of the notebook style we customised with a special colour textile cover and our logo stamped on the cover.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WTkyCJPeF8NTUxWlpJbUxVRjQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

Hope that information is helpful.

Best regards

Hephocapalytirosises and such

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the video review. There is very little information or reviews for Nuuna notebooks

so this is helpful.

I know the main issue for people interested in nuuna notebooks are the high shipping costs. Since I'm in Germany I have been wondering whether to offer nuuna and other less known German notebook brands with affordable worldwide shipping.

I just discovered several really interesting brands in the past few weeks, like Semikolon. They have classic linen bound notebooks in fresh modern colours with 120g cream munken paper.

Shipping could be done for 10 up to 1 kg. One flat price no matter where, Belgium or Brazil, Austria or Australia. But I would need 5 orders to make it work. (Alternatively, 3 orders at 14 shipping). Maybe this would be good for a FPN group buy?

Actually, I want to design and make my own notebooks. If anyone else is interested in doing that too, let me know.

Marcus